The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

it's not perved, just over the big pond they apparently have amish there too.

Guess it's the culture, NOT saying American men DIS-respect the women, ( yep, some do, for sure, BUT not the majority ) WE love looking at a beautiful woman, AND they like us to look, otherwise, all the diet's, clothes, shoes, bling, cosmetics, etc. etc. they utilize, would all be for what ?? AND, why do we marry them, why have men, through the ages fought over them ?? I REALLY think, MOST women LOVE being admired ! THAT'S MY opinion, and I'm stickin to it ! EYE-CANDY forever !! but REMEMBER !! just LOOK ..NO touch, .. specially, if you are married ! ..:cool2:..:thumbsup:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

My tastes have matured over the years.
I prefer the riper fruit.
Helen Mirren takes the prize........I just wish she was taller..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

My tastes have matured over the years.
I prefer the riper fruit.
Helen Mirren takes the prize........I just wish she was taller..........

Is Helen your wife, or a mistress ..??? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Yeah, my sweetie (wife) is 66 now, we've only been married 4 years but we've known each other for over 55years, my 2nd wife, Im her 2nd husband, (long story) but now we are together and we're lovin it ! ..:thumbsup:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Is Helen your wife, or a mistress ..??? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Dream girl...........Along with my wife, and the 3 of us get along fabulously!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Raining cats and dogs here today.
I have to be careful not to step in a Poodle..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Raining cats and dogs here today.
I have to be careful not to step in a Poodle..........

Good thing it's not raining elephants & hippos !! ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Nice work, Roger.
Looks like a whole bunch of mortise and tenon work there..........
I just love drilllin' square holes....(wish I could do that in metal....)

Ron.

Thanks for your kind comment.

There were lots of tenons and mortises, but I cheated. All the tenons were cut using my flat bed router and a 'sled' I made that kept each one exactly identical.

I cheated with the 24 mortises in the rails too! Each rail is made of two pieces glued together, so the mortises were cut half into each piece, again with a router and a fixture I made that kept the cuts exactly the same. I simply slightly rounded the corners of the tenons so they fit the rounded bottoms of the mortises once the two pieces were glued together.

Here's a couple pictures showing the process. The first one shows the mortise cutting jig with mortises laid out to the left and cut mortises to the right. The second picture shows the two rail sections clamped together with a single slat fitted in as a test.

It always takes twice as long to 'jig-up' for your cuts, than it does to actually cut them!

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN2106_974.jpg
    DSCN2106_974.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN2110_978.jpg
    DSCN2110_978.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ron.

There were lots of tenons and mortises, but I cheated. All the tenons were cut using my flat bed router and a 'sled' I made that kept each one exactly identical.

I cheated with the 24 mortises in the rails too! Each rail is made of two pieces glued together, so the mortises were cut half into each piece, again with a router and a fixture I made that kept the cuts exactly the same. I simply slightly rounded the corners of the tenons so they fit the rounded bottoms of the mortises once the two pieces were glued together.

Here's a couple pictures showing the process. The first one shows the mortise cutting jig with mortises laid out to the left and cut mortises to the right. The second picture shows the two rail sections clamped together with a single slat fitted in as a test.

It always takes twice as long to 'jig-up' for your cuts, than it does to actually cut them!

Roger

What do you charge for a CUSTOM -- "Pine-Box" ! you know with the fancy hinges N hardware, satin lining, exquisite pillow for my head, ALL the attention you afford to the extra fine details .. ?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron.

Roger

In my younger days I would have done as you did, except I would have used a radial arm saw w/dado blades.
Dados leave loads of grooves due to the chisel angles of the teeth, but that just gives the glue more surfaces to bite into....
After assembly you wouldn't be able to tell....
Nowadays I have the dedicated mortising machine and a tenon jig for the table saw.
I used to do about everything on the radial arm saw. I didn't even own a table saw til I was about 45.............