The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Is everybody gettin ready for Turkey-Day ?? The wife comes home tomorrow from ANOTHER 2 week stay at her daughters house up-state, 2nd trip in 6 weeks, and her arse is draggin , so we decided to opt-out of the Family Gathering this time, and spend some quality ..?? time together. HMMmmm ! Anyway I wish everybody a Happy Thansgiving,..:cool2:
Terri and I wanted a nice quiet holiday, instead all the kids are coming and dragging friends along as well......my poor little house is worried

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

any Peugeot sports in the bunch?
View attachment 34862

No, Doc.
Mostly Cannondales, with a stray Leader (Oriental import) and a custom built touring bike by Rodney Moseman from Pennsylvania.

Nice Pugeot in the photo...if it is yours, than you ride a considerably smaller frame than I.
Looks to be about 21" or so; mine are mostly 63cm or about 25", mostly because there weren't many larger ones available.
I do have 1 66cm Cannlndale race bike.
My touring bikes are 67 to 68.5cm, or abut 27" crank spindle to top tube/seat tube junction.
Wish I woulda had one that fit me when I was a teen..........I mighta been good.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

once you get that diesel smell in your skin and nose you become a lifer!!!!!:thumbsup: at least that's how it is with us diesel truck mechanics...:laughing:

AHhh yes I LUUUUVVVE the smell of burned JP4 or 6 (jet-fuel) ALL day !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

No, Doc.
Mostly Cannondales, with a stray Leader (Oriental import) and a custom built touring bike by Rodney Moseman from Pennsylvania.

Nice Pugeot in the photo...if it is yours, than you ride a considerably smaller frame than I.
Looks to be about 21" or so; mine are mostly 63cm or about 25", mostly because there weren't many larger ones available.
I do have 1 66cm Cannlndale race bike.
My touring bikes are 67 to 68.5cm, or abut 27" crank spindle to top tube/seat tube junction.
Wish I woulda had one that fit me when I was a teen..........I mighta been good.

Chain gears when you were a teen, you must be a lot younger that I have pegged you for .
As a youth my ride was a Healing ( local manufacture ) with fixed gearing & back pedal brake and to give you an idea how much I rode it the brakes needed replacing twice ( bike shop job ).
Naturally it was fitted with imported BSA crank which weighed more than a friends sons current compete "heavy" touring bike.
Picked up the Vicars Wife's special ( 3 speed Sturmey Archer with back pedal brake plus front wheel dub dynamo ) in 1990, that would have been nice for the 3 mile pedal to school.
Oddly enough the poor old Priest had to do with fixed gearing, back pedal brakes and a bigger front hub dynamo .
Obviously the Vatican did not want their priests riding around at an un Holey pace ( unlike those "fast" Anglican women) but they did want them to spread the light :laughing:

Did I mention that BSA patiented the "safety" cycle layout that most modern bikes still use ?

Another BSA friend has a BSA Opperman Special and we regularly take these bikes to the All British Rally when the Vincient & Brough owners start getting a little too far up their own back passages.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Terri and I wanted a nice quiet holiday, instead all the kids are coming and dragging friends along as well......my poor little house is worried

Yeah Doc THAT"S the main reason, we don't want to go to the "Family Thanksgiving", it's being held at my wife's - sisters -daughter's place, as it was last Thanksgiving, what it usually used to be,... was just the older adult side of the family, most of us did NOT like the idea but "caved" because THE sister was very adamant about her daughter and grandson are a part of the family (the daughter is 42 years old with an 11 yr. old son,) YES the rest of us have grown kids too, all over Hell's half acres, anyway last year, unknown to the family, the daughter invited several of her friends and their kids, (infants to about 13 yrs. old AND their pets,) well, it turned into a drunken melee, kids and dogs knockin things over and down, dogs beggin at the tables etc. etc. etc. and the daughter is a real piece of work (I won't go there) forcing drinks on everyone, since she thinks they all should consume what she does, NAH ...never again in that scenario, I'm actually thinking a really nice restaurant, and then the wifey get's a break from the cooking/cleaning routine too, ! Besides I'm not a big turkey fan, Guess as we get older we are really mellowing out, couldn't even have a quiet conversation, kids blasting the stereo,screamin and hollerin, dogs barking ...NOPE I'm lookin to think back to yester-years in a peaceful, soothing environment this year, hopefully !

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Chain gears when you were a teen, you must be a lot younger that I have pegged you for .
As a youth my ride was a Healing ( local manufacture ) with fixed gearing & back pedal brake and to give you an idea how much I rode it the brakes needed replacing twice ( bike shop job ).
Naturally it was fitted with imported BSA crank which weighed more than a friends sons current compete "heavy" touring bike.
Picked up the Vicars Wife's special ( 3 speed Sturmey Archer with back pedal brake plus front wheel dub dynamo ) in 1990, that would have been nice for the 3 mile pedal to school.
Oddly enough the poor old Priest had to do with fixed gearing, back pedal brakes and a bigger front hub dynamo .
Obviously the Vatican did not want their priests riding around at an un Holey pace ( unlike those "fast" Anglican women) but they did want them to spread the light :laughing:

Did I mention that BSA patiented the "safety" cycle layout that most modern bikes still use ?

Another BSA friend has a BSA Opperman Special and we regularly take these bikes to the All British Rally when the Vincient & Brough owners start getting a little too far up their own back passages.

Simplex derailleurs came out in 1938, and the Campy Gran Sport in 1949. Both were before my time.
Suntour developed the slant parallelogram rear derailleur in 1964.
I would be 11 to begin that year, and 12 by its end................

Most of mine are Shimano geared.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Took down 3 dead trees yesterday with my new Stihl saw. Nice tool!
Sliced up the trunks and stacked behind my shooting target. (Gonna be some lead flyin' L8R this week)
Then I ran the branches from the trees and some weed/woods trimmed from my fence line thru my DR dedicated chipper.
MAN! I love that machine almost as much as my Raptor SD...........
Now my arms and shoulders are pretty achy.....I won't be able to fend off my wife........
Then I mulched some leaves and sowed the rest of my rye seed around the lower 40.
We'll see how much of it sprouts. S'posed to get some showers tonite....

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I'm lookin fwd. to tomorrow @ 3:00 , the final Nascar race of the season, THE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE ! a few drivers retiring, Dale Jr. among them, I'm hoping my guy wins but he'll have to be lucky, just can't seem to get a car fast enough for the BIG tracks, we'll see what's in store, wifey comes home tomorrow too ! MMmm squeeeeze, snuggle, smooch, smooch, mush, mush, !! ..

3bca3bbfc9d09c3316fc20138e97bca8--smiley-emoji-emoji-faces.jpg...imagesa.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'm lookin fwd. to tomorrow @ 3:00 , the final Nascar race of the season, THE CHAMPIONSHIP RACE !

I'm hoping MY driver sins...................Roll On #78 !!
Dilly Dilly !