The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Bert-Man,

IMO I 'think' women as a whole enjoy looking their best. I also 'think' they are as much at fault for their style of attire, attitude and physical appearance as men are, if not more so. I mean basics are basics and lets face it, attracting a mate so you can procreate is about as 'basic' as it gets. And like it or not, we are animals, just like the rest of the creatures of the earth and we march to the same basic requirements as the rest of them. We may be able to rationalize what we do, but that doesn't mean we rise very far above those basic needs. Women like to look good and men like to look at them. You can fancy it up all you want, but that's the bottom line.. that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Roger

I totally agree Goomba, .. WELL SAID ! and I could not have stated it, as well as you have ... Amen !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
New Zealand

G'day Boo
And how is yesterday panning out for ya ?
Hope that forest is not an imported ecluptus transplanted from down here.

In another case of ignorant white man arrogance we exported fast growing gums all over the world but not the way the black fellers looked after them.
Even after 229 years we are still trying to prove we are smarter than the people who had been maintaining the "greatest gardens on earth " for around 50,000 years.
Thankfully there is a small trial of "traditional land management" currently under way so by the time I am 100 forest fires will be a thing of the past

Bert-man,

I watched a TV show called "Aerial New Zealand" yesterday, what a beautiful land!! How come you don't move there? If I wasn't so damn old I think I would! I've been fortunate to see as much of this planet as I have, but I will honestly feel deprived if I don't get to visit that country. Absolutely fabulous.. "Other Worldly"...

I saw eucalyptus trees in San Diego, and there maybe some in Florida, but I don't recall seeing any there.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

I'd just show you a fancy box and charge as much as traffic would bear, then when you kick the bucket, we'd chuck you in a rough pine box and be done with it! You'd never know!

Rog

Do YOU believe in the Here-after ..?? Ever had a "ROID" the size of a football ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Linda loves pallets, she's always tryin to think of ways to use them in her craft projects, BUT finding LOTS of pallets, around here, AND a truck to haul them, = problem !

Boo, you just aren't thinking!! Put a trailer hitch on the Camry and use your sweet talk to find a nice utility trailer on the cheap. When we sold my last truck, that's what we did and it has been the best thing we ever did! The trailer holds more (5'X8') than the truck bed (4'X 6-1/2') and you don't have to worry about scratching it up! I just bought a basic trailer with a deck (aluminum frame, torsion axels and drop-down loading ramp) and then built my own sides. best move I ever made. Either car will tow it as will the ATV (not mine, it belongs to #1-step-son, but he has several of them, so he stores one over here.). I use it to haul fire wood out of places you wouldn't want to take your car.

Pallets are great! Most are oak and although they can be a bitch to get apart, the wood is good for all sorts of projects.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Do YOU believe in the Here-after ..?? Ever had a "ROID" the size of a football ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Sounds like you wants t'kick me arse!! If you is feelin' froggy, then go ahead and jump!! But cha better land with both feet, ya scrawny old bugger..

(I can just see us two old farts rollin' around in the dust!! We'd end up winded and laughing in about 30 seconds!!)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo, you just aren't thinking!! Put a trailer hitch on the Camry and use your sweet talk to find a nice utility trailer on the cheap. When we sold my last truck, that's what we did and it has been the best thing we ever did! The trailer holds more (5'X8') than the truck bed (4'X 6-1/2') and you don't have to worry about scratching it up! I just bought a basic trailer with a deck (aluminum frame, torsion axels and drop-down loading ramp) and then built my own sides. best move I ever made. Either car will tow it as will the ATV (not mine, it belongs to #1-step-son, but he has several of them, so he stores one over here.). I use it to haul fire wood out of places you wouldn't want to take your car.

Pallets are great! Most are oak and although they can be a bitch to get apart, the wood is good for all sorts of projects.

Rog

I WILL NEVER haul a trailer with a CAR ! over the years, I have seen too much of what happens to trannys, rear-ends, and suspension components from that ABUSE ! DON'T care what ANYBODY says ! if you wanna haul schitt around, .. buy a pick-up truck ! That's what THEY'RE made for !! ..:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sounds like you wants t'kick me arse!! If you is feelin' froggy, then go ahead and jump!! But cha better land with both feet, ya scrawny old bugger..

(I can just see us two old farts rollin' around in the dust!! We'd end up winded and laughing in about 30 seconds!!)

NO Goomba .. NOT kick your arse ! just be a pain in it , ..FOREVER !!! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

I had a radial arm saw - -Once!! Then one day it shot a piece of wood across the cellar and stove the front of the washing machine in!! If that piece had hit me I think it would have gone right through me! I sold the saw..
Roger

That'll happen if you feed a rip cut from the wrong direction!
I aviation, that is what's known as "pilot error."
That actually happened to my father once, while I was sitting on the workbench (I think that's where I was)
and he misfed a piece into the saw. It grabbed the wood and shot it across the room, splintering when it hit the block wall.
He THOUGHT it came close to my head/face, til I smiled and the blood flowed out of my mouth........
Dunno what it hit, but it just grazed me. Coulda been MUCH worse if a few mm's one way or another.
He never made THAT mistake again....and he was a very accomplished wood worker !

primerbulb120

Threads

I WILL NEVER haul a trailer with a CAR ! over the years, I have seen too much of what happens to trannys, rear-ends, and suspension components from that ABUSE ! DON'T care what ANYBODY says ! if you wanna haul schitt around, .. buy a pick-up truck ! That's what THEY'RE made for !! ..:thumbsup:

I already have a truck.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I already have a truck.

Me too!
1997 F-150 with 266+K miles on it!

BTW, on the using pallet lumber topic, I have read that it may not be the best source of lumber for indoor projects.
One can never be certain as to what was stored or transported on pallets; may have been something poisonous
or otherwise detrimental to out health if anything leeched out onto the pallets.........