The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Gooood Mornin all you wrench-bender's !!

mechanic.jpg ..... the thought 4 2day : .... a-mans-barbecue-barbecue-bbq-awesome-man-s-demotivational-poster-1247239540.jpg

Can't wait till noon, to catch the qualifying run's at Daytona today, weather lookin good (80s) and slight chance of showers, sure miss being there for all the "Speed-Week" festivities, miss all the "Hot-Rod's" and insane "Street-Machine's" runnin around, but Daytona is a wild town all year anyway.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gooood Mornin all you wrench-bender's !!

View attachment 35756 ..... the thought 4 2day : .... View attachment 35757

Can't wait till noon, to catch the qualifying run's at Daytona today, weather lookin good (80s) and slight chance of showers, sure miss being there for all the "Speed-Week" festivities, miss all the "Hot-Rod's" and insane "Street-Machine's" runnin around, but Daytona is a wild town all year anyway.

Your salutation alway makes me think of this
bent wrench.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Your salutation alway makes me think of this
View attachment 35759

AHHhhh YEP !! .. I've got quite a few "modified tools" in my box, I usually buy the "to be modified" items at a yard-sale or flea-market, sometimes, a guy gotta do, what ya gotta do !

3bca3bbfc9d09c3316fc20138e97bca8--smiley-emoji-emoji-faces.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

AHHhhh YEP !! .. I've got quite a few "modified tools" in my box, I usually buy the "to be modified" items at a yard-sale or flea-market, sometimes, a guy gotta do, what ya gotta do !

View attachment 35760
I modified a craftsman 13mm wrench back in the 80's to make replacing the heater boxes on the vw bug an easier job, bent 90° then twisted the end another 30°, still have it to this day, but haven't replaced a heater box on a bug in over 30 years.......LOL

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good morning to all this fine morning, and to those over the pond ---- good day

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Nascar beat's the hell out of ball-games any day ! I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Daytona and my brother in law and I usually make it for a few days of practice then the "500", but this year, both our wives just had surgeries, mine had a growth removed, and his, just had hip replacement, so that put the kabosh on our usual "speed-week ritual ... AWWW schitt ! ..:thumbdown:

View attachment 35750

First of all,I wish your respective wives a speedy recovery.

While living in Astor my son in law and I attended several 400's and a 500'
We went to a 4oo one year when it rained just before the scheduled start, then the showers moved off.
'Bout the time they got the track dried, it rained again.
This time the rain stayed over the area til it rained itself out.
Dried the track again, and the race started at about 2230, or, about the time it SHOULD have been finished.
We hot home at about 0300.

We had a good thing when we could sit on the back stretch, or "Super Stretch."
We could tailgate in a remote parking lot and take a bus to the track.
After the race, a bus ride back (if we headed for the gate soon enough after the race concluded)
back to the truck and we could slip out pretty quickly, onto back roads that avoided traffic.
But alas, they closed those bleachers and things were never the same again.

Now we're about 5 hours from Talladega............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I LUUUUV ALL the BIG Nascar tracks, too bad they are restrictor-plate tracks,course, without... someone may "buy the farm" DON'T want the boy's gettin hurt, but back in 50s & 60s those fist-fights were an extra added feature ( banned these days) yeah sometimes the weather IS a real schitt! we used to always get to the "ol" Firecracker-400 but it seems it ALWAYS rains on the 4th of July, been rained out several times, staying overnight in the car ( miserable) run a partial race the next day and that's it ..... B/S on that ! Wish some BILLIONAIRE would put a ventilated A/C dome over the place ( LOL ) Texas Motor Speedway is Fantastic when they get itchy and go 6 wide !! helluva track ! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

I WON B.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well, Ron .........
Looks the Kielbasa-Kid cleaned their clocks at today's CLASH !! from last place to winner ! Thought TRUEX was gonna make a move but decided not to, having another race Thursday, lots of rule changes this year so alot will be happening with all the "adjustments" especially now to a 5 man pit crew instead of 7 .... should be interesting ! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup: