Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Roger, you are spot on with the oil grades

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's for the birds!

Doc,

I'll be looking forward to seeing a picture of you (or better yet, your wife) sitting in the porch rocker surrounded by our feathered friends..

A buddy and I took his 14-foot Boston Whaler on a 18 mile jaunt (up and back) on the Withlacoochee River yesterday. We saw eleven alligators, three of which were good size, and numerous birds that are fairly rare to see.

I'll attach an alligator picture and a picture of a Limpkin. Limpkins eat large apple snails and we found a place on the river bank with well over a dozen large empty shells. It must have been a favorite dining spot...

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1015.jpg
    DSCN1015.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Limpkin 2.jpg
    Limpkin 2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 7

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: That's for the birds!

Doc,

I'll be looking forward to seeing a picture of you (or better yet, your wife) sitting in the porch rocker surrounded by our feathered friends..

A buddy and I took his 14-foot Boston Whaler on a 18 mile jaunt (up and back) on the Withlacoochee River yesterday. We saw eleven alligators, three of which were good size, and numerous birds that are fairly rare to see.

I'll attach an alligator picture and a picture of a Limpkin. Limpkins eat large apple snails and we found a place on the river bank with well over a dozen large empty shells. It must have been a favorite dining spot...

Roger
awesome to see a handbag in its natural setting

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

I am not positive, but I "think" that the "red dyed stuff" is actually #2 fuel oil for oil burners or off the road diesel engines and it's dyed so that it can be identified in case someone uses it to operate a diesel engine on the road (without paying the appropriate "road taxes").

The red dye shouldn't hurt anything, but #2 oil is a little 'heavier' than #1, which is how Kerosene is rated. That 'may' cause problems in your heater long term, but I'm not sure. I never heard of adding alcohol, but can't imagine how that would help anything.

If it were me and my heater didn't cost $1,000.. I'd try it.. WTH??

Roger

The service station (they actually pump gas for customers) looked it up and the spec is K-1, which is the correct type. Heater manufacturers specify water-clear K-1 (or 1-K) which is typically available at hardware stores or Lowe's, HD, etc. I have used in my Dyna Glo and it works, but a bit fumy til the heater reaches operating temp. I set it outside til it gets to temp.
The knock against the red dyed stuff is that is supposedly not as pure as the crystal clear. but WAY less expensive.
The methyl alcohol is supposed to make things burn cleaner.
It is available from some mfrs as "Wick Cleaner" or "Fuel treatment."
Some say it burns off any residual water in the kero that would clog up the heater's wick.
Dunno.
But, as all the local outlets are out of the clear stuff, I may try the methyl treatment to use the red kero I have.
Otherwise, I guess it'll be used to wash parts.......

ps...the stuff is very thin and watery....I really don't think it is diesel.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 190,155

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good Morning, Chuck

YESS.jpg