The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

If plastic is involved only use Teflon tape. Never anything else. This would be the problem.

Prior to doing this job, I read this:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-thread-sealant-use-pvc-fittings-larry-workman

I used a non-hardening compound made by Oatey, who practically wrote the book on joining
all things PVC. It is non-hardening and contains teflon. It is certified for use on plastic pipes.
As for PVC threading into brass, I have read conflicting reports.
The main objection is that fluctuations in temperature will cause the dissimilar materials to
leak due to differences in expansion/contraction.
In any event, PVC into brass is far better than brass threading into PVC.
The connection is about 1ft under grade so temp variations should not be as big of an issue as if above ground.
I will inquire at the local hardware stores to see it this has been an issue locally.
I may have to change the valve back to PVC. At least I have installed w.threaded fittings and a union
in case I need to change now or in the future.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo, I have noted in your posts that you leave the g off a lot of words. What is it with you and the letter G? Has it done something to you to make you hate it so much? Can we have some clarifaction please?:confused2::confused2::confused2:

It is a Southern thang............but, any G dropped should be replaced by an apostrophe.

That's bein' all there is to be sayin' 'bout droppin' the G's from what we were meanin'........

Dow, how 'bout double contractions, like "Y'all's"

I used a triple contraction once, but I'm not recallin' the word........

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Prior to doing this job, I read this:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-thread-sealant-use-pvc-fittings-larry-workman

I used a non-hardening compound made by Oatey, who practically wrote the book on joining
all things PVC. It is non-hardening and contains teflon. It is certified for use on plastic pipes.
As for PVC threading into brass, I have read conflicting reports.
The main objection is that fluctuations in temperature will cause the dissimilar materials to
leak due to differences in expansion/contraction.
In any event, PVC into brass is far better than brass threading into PVC.
The connection is about 1ft under grade so temp variations should not be as big of an issue as if above ground.
I will inquire at the local hardware stores to see it this has been an issue locally.
I may have to change the valve back to PVC. At least I have installed w.threaded fittings and a union
in case I need to change now or in the future.

I love that but it does not talk about pvc to brass at all. It just talkes about pvc to pvc and metal to metal. I am going to have to look at beter thread sealers as i have never found one that says it will work on plastic. I guess a supply house is in order.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Allow me to explain.

He used the letter C in place of G this morning. So when he said "So I lv off the letter c" he means G, but due to his using C for both C and G, it Looks like he means C instead.

Signed,

EGGS ACTLEE !! C, some1 else unnerstns slanderin !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

no more bowling alley in Huguenot NY, she is all gone now

minisink lanes, huguenot ny001.jpg
minisink lanes, huguenot ny002.jpg
minisink lanes, huguenot ny003.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 187,080

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD MorninG Chuck!!

YESS.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good MorninG GanG !!

!cid_X_MA1_1287261945@aol.gif

So Glad it finally Got warm aGain, looks like we're GoinG to Get some rain this week too! we sure need it, the Ground is as dry as talcum powder, I think they're GoinG to Get an over-abundance of water along the Mississloppy River though, for some stranGe reason it seems like the "other country" California, is Getting a helluva an arse kickin,.. fires, now mudslides, HMMmmm maybe it's KARMA !! being a "Sanctuary State", brinGs it recoGinition in undesirable ways !! Not to worry, the "Know it All's" and Silicon Valley GanG along with the "Resister's" and Millennials have it under control, they just want the Americans to finance their debts.

FF.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

MorninG Boo

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Allow me to explain.

He used the letter C in place of G this morning. So when he said "So I lv off the letter c" he means G, but due to his using C for both C and G, it Looks like he means C instead.

Signed,

All I can say is: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????