The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Where is everybody?

when on the big fire calls, the biggest heroes are the members of the auxiliary that brings water, coffee and sandwiches to us so we can stay fit during the job, hats off to you for that Bert.

Doc,

Agreed!! ALL the women in my family were members of the auxiliary and would be called out on BIG fires to keep the troops fed and hydrated.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today - Jan. 19, 2018

Another beautiful day here on Florida's "Nature Coast".. A crisp 32*F, with clear skies and no wind. like Boo-Boo says, we are suppose to get a warming trend starting tomorrow.. I expect everyone will be looking forward to that!

Have a good one everybody.....

(Chuck, lay up, don't do anything strenuous and get better.)

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

What's the matter Chuck? Nothing serious I hope! Back injuries can be REAL serious!!

Rog

Some arse wipe rear-ended me when I was 16. He was traveling 60 mph in a 30 mph zone. I was sitting waiting for traffic to clear to make a left. It totaled my new car and messed up my back for life. I know how to not have problems with it but every once and a while I do something that sets it off. Real problem is that a 50+ it takes me way more time to heal than when I was younger.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Some arse wipe rear-ended me when I was 16. He was traveling 60 mph in a 30 mph zone. I was sitting waiting for traffic to clear to make a left. It totaled my new car and messed up my back for life. I know how to not have problems with it but every once and a while I do something that sets it off. Real problem is that a 50+ it takes me way more time to heal than when I was younger.

I'm three with ya, Chuck.
In 1982 I was rear ended by a car also, 'cept I was riding a bicycle!
That screwed up my lower back muscles permanently.
So, now whenever I attempt to work on a car my back seizes up something terrible!
Other things set it off as well, but that's the worst.
Just glad to have survived that one!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Just wait till you get closer to 70.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I pulled my head out of the deep,dark recess in which it had been thru this cold snap today.
I had had a water valve (Chinese PVC ball valve leaking at the stem) that I had to dig up
and replace.
I replaced with a bronze ball valve which required thread to socket adapters to be threaded into each end.
With the threads dry, the adapters threaded right in.
When sealant was applies, I couldn't get those *#@%&**! things in straight!
Had to remove pipe dope from last 2 threads in order to get them in straight!
NEVER had that happen B-4.
Got 'er done,tho.
So far, so good.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I pulled my head out of the deep,dark recess in which it had been thru this cold snap today.
I had had a water valve (Chinese PVC ball valve leaking at the stem) that I had to dig up
and replace.
I replaced with a bronze ball valve which required thread to socket adapters to be threaded into each end.
With the threads dry, the adapters threaded right in.
When sealant was applies, I couldn't get those *#@%&**! things in straight!
Had to remove pipe dope from last 2 threads in order to get them in straight!
NEVER had that happen B-4.
Got 'er done,tho.
So far, so good.............

WELLLL, ..... Ur spossed 2 "dry-fit" evthin furst ! ..:laughing:..:laughing: ... That'll lern ya durn ya !!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

WELLLL, ..... Ur spossed 2 "dry-fit" evthin furst ! ..:laughing:..:laughing: ... That'll lern ya durn ya !!

Ummmm, didja even READ my post???

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ummmm, didja even READ my post???

NOPE I read the first line and laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes, didn't have my foggles handy, and the room was pretty dark...:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

NOPE I read the first line and laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes, didn't have my foggles handy, and the room was pretty dark...:laughing:..:laughing:

Well then, at least COMPREHENSION isn't the problem............