The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Happy New Year Folks, this old fella is not staying up late just to say that..........:cool:

Don't worry Doc, the world will still be here in the mornin, and so will we !!

ATT00001.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 166,418

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Boo.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Boo.

GOOD mornin Chuck,
Hope you had an enjoyable evening, ..... I finally slept late for a change ! .................d070298c0cd40b47848b50f815fe29ad.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD Mornin gang !!

Well, First day of a New Year, Can't wait to see what's in store ! ....!cid_X_MA1_1287261945@aol.gif

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Is It Right?

Pardon me while I vent..............
I know a Generation X individual who has a "hobby" turning pens.
I say "hobby" because he sells the fruits of his endeavor, sometimes for rather lucrative amounts of money.
Well, apparently his lathe is on its last legs; he NEEDS a new one.

Cost of lathe and attachments: $5K.

His family just went thru a move from mid-Atlantic to the State of Sunshine.
Bought a "fixer-upper" for more $$ than I have paid for ALL my houses combined........
So I would imagine that most of their disposable income is going there......

So, now the new lathe.
They have gone to all the wells formerly available to them til those have all run dry.
A wealthy relative recently passed away, removing the traditional boat-load of coin they used to receive for Christmas.
They have alienated all their parents except 1, and they owe that one so much $$$ that it isn't funny.
(Actually, THEY consider the appreciable sum received from that parent as a GIFT....which they are NOT obligated to repay...)
That opinion is NOT shared by the benefactor parent,btw.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
He sets up a "donation" plea on a website that allows people to solicit donations for ANY reason.............
"I need a new toy so I can make extra money...please donate it to me!"
(Seems like an online panhandling scheme to me...)
I cannot comprehend the rationale behind thinking that everyone else should contribute to a person's success--just for the asking !!

Now, he does make some rather refined and innovative writing instruments, but......
Does it really take a village to raise a pen turner ??????

Ron,

Those "Begging for money" sites are called "GO FUND ME" and if you really want to get pissed off, spend a little time reading some of the requests! (I never have, but I've listened to others who have.) The fact that our world is populated by idiots dumb enough to actually send send money to perfect strangers just of the strength of their ability to write up a good sob story, is stunning, at least in my eyes.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
HAPPY NEW YEAR January 1, 2018

Happy New year Y'all.... (I'm practicing my Southern drawl so I can talk with Boo-Boo when we get together.)

May 2018 be a healthy and prosperous year for all!

Roger

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy New Year, Y'all !!

22° here in The South this mornin' !!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Is It Right?

Ron,

Those "Begging for money" sites are called "GO FUND ME" and if you really want to get pissed off, spend a little time reading some of the requests! (I never have, but I've listened to others who have.) The fact that our world is populated by idiots dumb enough to actually send send money to perfect strangers just of the strength of their ability to write up a good sob story, is stunning, at least in my eyes.

Roger

Yessirree.
I wonder if the IRS tracks those donations......

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good Morning, happy 3° in the morning to you all