The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

you must be a post hog

Hmmmm, "post hog", I'm still trying to visualize what one might look like? According to Boo-Boo, I haven't posted too often, so I'm going to relax..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Today, I got up and went to church. Following this, I went to the hospital to look around and then came home. I fixed one Toro Recycler, ate lunch, fixed another Toro Recycler, and started work on a third Toro Recycler. Toro Recyclers have very flimsy transmissions that like to break, so I would recommend not purchasing one. Newer Toro Super Recyclers have Super Expensive parts, as well as more complicated transmissions that also like to break. If you bang on a Super Recycler with a sledgehammer during repairs, it's muffler and front wheels will loosen themselves and fall off during the next use. Newer Troy Bilt high wheel mowers are too front heavy and break their rear axle assembly's, so I would recommend being careful with them if you decide to get one. Aavix mowers have height adjusters that break, whereupon the mower falls down to the lowest height setting. I would not recommend purchasing one of these. Most Craftsman mowers are built well, but if you trip and fall on the engine, the air filter and carburetor may break off. Please note that the Ryobi Reel Easy trimmer head does not work well on curved shaft trimmers, as it will wind all the line into itself if you rev the engine too hard.

My keyboard is tired, Goodnight.

Excuse me, but you went to the hospital, because . . . . why?

You OK? You aren't looking for a bed there or anything, right?

We got to worry about you, or what???

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AHHHhhh YES he lives !! GOOMBA !! I was worried you N Doc got ICED over !! Glad you're OK !! HMMmmm looks like you guys took a beating ( snow-wise) according to LAST NIGHTS weather reports, did you lose power..?? Got HEAT ??

And don't worry bout Ron, he put's on his BIG-GIRL panties and keeps going, ( LOL ) he is a sharp-tongued devil, he is !!
I guess the roads are pretty hazardous yet, not good for going anywhere !! Now see, if ya lived down here in FL. year-round you wouldn't need a snow-shovel !! ( LOL ) ...STAY WARM, !! GLOBAL WARMING is devastating you guy's ain't it ?????

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
PHEW - Playing Catch-up is getting difficult around here!

OK, here's the straight poop.

We had a wicked snow storm yesterday. It started at 4:30 AM and blew snow past our windows horizontally until 2 PM when it stopped just as suddenly as it started. However, only about six to eight inches were added to what we already had as most of it blew by. I have to wonder about wherever it all ended up!

You know - "Traction-Control" really sucks! It shuts the engine down if the wheels spin. I could hardly get up our driveway yesterday afternoon. With the gas pedal right to the floor, even though the snow was only up to the hub caps, the damn thing hardly produced enough power to climb up the hill. I hate any car that thinks it knows more about driving than I do!

I do hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Now all we have to hope for is a Happy New Year in 2018! (It doesn't sound like that's liable to happen for Boo's family!)

Well, I have lots of work to get done today.. So you guys play nice and have fun..

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I meant "post hog" as in posting the most ina single thread, all be it your own thread....LOL

We did not get much snow Boo, hard to tell how much we really got, the wind was blowing snow so hard that I have bare spots in one area and 8 inches in another. We are in for a ten day deep freeze so I hope it doesn't snow again because I don't want to leave the house unless I get a fire call, then I have to leave.

That was a fast moving snow storm Roger, we had little snow tornadoes all day, we even had a herd of deer, at least 20 of them hiding behind the barn using it as a wind break.

primerbulb120

Threads

Excuse me, but you went to the hospital, because . . . . why?

You OK? You aren't looking for a bed there or anything, right?

We got to worry about you, or what???

I went to the hospital to look around. They put in all new landscaping, and it looks nice.

I have no need for the hospital itself at this time.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I went to the hospital to look around. They put in all new landscaping, and it looks nice.

I have no need for the hospital itself at this time.
LOL, in your first post about the hospital, it sounded like you were looking for a room to rent

NorthBama

Threads

Good mid-morning all you rowdy folks. we have some nice sunshine here this morning a heat wave coming 45.