The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Other way round,
When they are choked up the engine runs slow.

All I know is that they dunna run no good when they can't breathe....inhale or exhale.

Hey Bert, as it is tomorrow Down Under, what is gonna happen that we should know about today??

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

GOOD man Ron, Controversial is one thing , Political is a NO NO, although at times, this thread has lightly, VERY lightly, swooshed by with it, so far ,so good !!

People who work with their hands tend to be more pragmatic than those work in their own heads.
people who live on or work on farms generally are well rooted in reality rather than an idology.
people involved in primary production ( rather than subsidy farming ) usually come to realize that no matter what colour is in power they get screwed.
People with a sound scientific / engineering background can usually find a real causality path and understand that things happening tomorrow can actually be the end result of things that happened 50 + years ago and not necessarily because of what happened yesterday although they can still be connected but that might not necessarily be causal.

I for one have no strong political or religious beliefs. Which is fairly typical of most Ozzies.
My parents were all ardent Labour supporters ( left wing ) but I have never voted along party lines in my life.
He who put foreward the best platform gets my vote ( which is compulsory down here ).
One thing where we do it a lot better than the USA is the English inheritance of a perminent public service so that tempers massive transmissions from left to right when a government changes and lessens the corruption that your system seems to be designed to encourage.
Compulsory voting means that we all have to vote so the parties do not need to get everyone worked up to a fever pitch to get them off their backsides & into a polling booth.
Thus we do not get the passionate political fanatics who think they should shoot the opposition or violently clash with any one who votes for the other side.
It also means that no party needs to buy their way into office so smaller parties can run & even get elected which keeps raving loonies like Pauline Hanson or religious bigots like Rev Fred Nile out of the governing party where they could do major damage.
And of course the government does not end up being so deep in the pockets of vested interest that the financiers end up dictating policy ( sort of like Mr Trumph's tax cuts )

Down side is the population tends to get very appathetic about elections & the donkey vote plays a big part about determining who ends up in power.
The major parties tend to get very lazy because they know it is only a matter of time before their snouts are in the trough.
And we also get a lot of candidates that would be hard put to run a bush toilet running for one of the major parties.

Witness the current debarcle where 1/5 of the elected representatives were not legal candidates by virtue of their citzenship.

So politics is not a hot bed passionate subject to be avoided at all costs down here.
And religion is quickly following suit
In the last census 3.5 % of the population ticked the "other religion" box & wrote in Jedi, 28% ticked the nun box and another 8.3% called themselves "non-denominational"

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

All I know is that they dunna run no good when they can't breathe....inhale or exhale.

Hey Bert, as it is tomorrow Down Under, what is gonna happen that we should know about today??

How would I know ?
All we get down here is second hand from over there and about 1/2 of it is all about what Mr Trump tweeted, as if we should know or care.
OTOH if you are a keyboard thief with no morals who "makes a living" out of buying & selling other people's profits, tech stocks took a hit in Japan so the NASDAQ will probably dive in early trade the recover by the end of day, gold will also take a hit in early trade because of rhumors China is slowing down it purchase war with Russia.
Cherry futures will drop because we just released the crop figures for this season , up 32% followed by massive orders from Japan & China so looks like there will be a glut in June when your season comes around.
Beef is up ( but you can only buy OZ beef as McDonalds patties through Mexician food processors ) and export lamb volumes are massive.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 141,631

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

How would I know ?
All we get down here is second hand from over there and about 1/2 of it is all about what Mr Trump tweeted, as if we should know or care.
OTOH if you are a keyboard thief with no morals who "makes a living" out of buying & selling other people's profits, tech stocks took a hit in Japan so the NASDAQ will probably dive in early trade the recover by the end of day, gold will also take a hit in early trade because of rhumors China is slowing down it purchase war with Russia.
Cherry futures will drop because we just released the crop figures for this season , up 32% followed by massive orders from Japan & China so looks like there will be a glut in June when your season comes around.
Beef is up ( but you can only buy OZ beef as McDonalds patties through Mexician food processors ) and export lamb volumes are massive.

Yes who cares what Mr Trump tweets? I sure do not.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Geez, I fell a few pages of the forum behind yesterday and had to get up early this morning to read my back-log!!

No easy answer to all that's gone on..

Boo,

I remember Gunk and yes Purple-Power is a less expensive alternative..
....................................................................................................

Doc,

If you really get despondent because you can't find enough to do, try offering a translation service for Bert-Mans comments.. I used to think it was because I didn't understand the OZ vernacular, but now I realize that I just don't understand... Period!!
.....................................................................................................

Ron,

Sometimes you seem to be a 'pot-stirrer'. I detect a gleam in your eye and a slight smirk behind the occasional 'leading' question... Best not to poke a sleeping bear.. (I learned that by watching Dr. Oakley in the Yukon.)
.......................................................................................................

Ahhh crap, it's too damn early to think very hard anyway... We've got to take our neighbors (lobstering partner) to the airport today so they can finally head South to their winter home. They had so many projects going this Fall that they had to cancel their original plane tickets and stay an extra month to get all the work done.. His other half hasn't been out of the house since the temperatures quit rising above freezing.. I'll get the car all warmed for her before we load them in..

So, I'm outta here . . . You guys play good . . . OK??

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

So I am still working on putting the engine back in the Toro. Lots of stuff to do before the engine goes back in. Replacing wires that need to be and replacing fuel lines and the such. So I went online to find supplies as local stuff cost way too much. Found fuel line 10 ft for $10.00, Then hose clamps for $4.00. Fuel filter for $5.00. Total $19.00. While in the shopping cart it had a section of "People that purchased this also purchased this". I started looking at it and noticed it was mostly bulk purchases. I normally buy the most for the least I can find as long as the quality is up to par. Try not to buy chines knockoff crap. Well the fuel line in 25 ft roll that is designed to run E85 was $18.55, Clamps that are for fuel injectors was $7.99 for 10 pack. the fuel filters where $10.99 for 20 pack. So for $37.53 I got 10 times more than I need at this moment. So for double the money, I got 10 times more. Now that is shopping!!!

Forgot about the 2-day free shipping.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

So I am still working on putting the engine back in the Toro. Lots of stuff to do before the engine goes back in. Replacing wires that need to be and replacing fuel lines and the such. So I went online to find supplies as local stuff cost way too much. Found fuel line 10 ft for $10.00, Then hose clamps for $4.00. Fuel filter for $5.00. Total $19.00. While in the shopping cart it had a section of "People that purchased this also purchased this". I started looking at it and noticed it was mostly bulk purchases. I normally buy the most for the least I can find as long as the quality is up to par. Try not to buy chines knockoff crap. Well the fuel line in 25 ft roll that is designed to run E85 was $18.55, Clamps that are for fuel injectors was $7.99 for 10 pack. the fuel filters where $10.99 for 20 pack. So for $37.53 I got 10 times more than I need at this moment. So for double the money, I got 10 times more. Now that is shopping!!!

Forgot about the 2-day free shipping.
it appears that Amazon has bitten you.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: HOLY CRAP!!!!

Geez, I fell a few pages of the forum behind yesterday and had to get up early this morning to read my back-log!!

No easy answer to all that's gone on..

Boo,

I remember Gunk and yes Purple-Power is a less expensive alternative..
....................................................................................................

Doc,

If you really get despondent because you can't find enough to do, try offering a translation service for Bert-Mans comments.. I used to think it was because I didn't understand the OZ vernacular, but now I realize that I just don't understand... Period!!
.....................................................................................................

Ron,

Sometimes you seem to be a 'pot-stirrer'. I detect a gleam in your eye and a slight smirk behind the occasional 'leading' question... Best not to poke a sleeping bear.. (I learned that by watching Dr. Oakley in the Yukon.)
.......................................................................................................

Ahhh crap, it's too damn early to think very hard anyway... We've got to take our neighbors (lobstering partner) to the airport today so they can finally head South to their winter home. They had so many projects going this Fall that they had to cancel their original plane tickets and stay an extra month to get all the work done.. His other half hasn't been out of the house since the temperatures quit rising above freezing.. I'll get the car all warmed for her before we load them in..

So, I'm outta here . . . You guys play good . . . OK??

Roger
it's not that hard really, page 234 in my book covers it

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Is it hard to start from cold ?
Loss of power under load and over reving no load = air leak.

Not hard to start at all, but your air leak comment had also crossed my mind.
I'll check it out. Thanks!