Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Good Morning all.
Views: 110,557

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
OCT. 25, 2017

Boys, this thread is on a roll!! 722 views since yesterday!! Boo, you guys are way low with your estimates, we're going to bust 111,111 like it was nothing...

Lots of good posts yesterday too!

Ron, is knee deep to a tall Indian in dirt, soaked to the skin by rain (which finally arrived in Maine sometime last night! Now it's coming down like piss-out-of-a-boot) and he's eating sardines! I was sorry that you never mentioned Maines own "Port Clyde" sardines! When I was a kid almost every port in the state had a harbor full of seine boats and its own sardine factory, where you could get a job 'heading sardines'. Now they are all gone... They must all come from Australia now, they certainly are inexpensive down under!

Tom! I have an MRI coming up on 11/3. (Knees) What's it like? They asked if I had any metal in my body and I said "Yup! Got two screws in one big toe." What's that all about? They can't be magnetic.. I hope they can fix you up, having parts that don't work, sucks! Good luck buddy...

NOBAMA - "Got it licked"!! Yeah man!! Been there, done that..

No lobstering today.. Blowing a gale and pouring rain..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Memorial to Submarine Veterans

I recently received an email from my Sub Vets group (USS Maine Base) regarding a submarine memorial. It was placed by the USSVI Requin Base the Pittsburgh-based chapter of the national group U.S. Submarine Veterans Inc. –in the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies in Cecil Township, PA.

I've got a buddy who lives in Pittsburgh that comes down to the same place in FL that we go to, so I asked him to drop by the cemetery and snap a couple pictures so I could send them to my Base Commander and he could promulgate them to All Hands so they could actually see it. Here is what he sent me.

Roger

Attachments

• Sub Vet Memorial National Cemetery of the Alleghenies in Cecil Township PA.jpg
    Sub Vet Memorial National Cemetery of the Alleghenies in Cecil Township PA.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 6

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Looks like Goomba has put my arse in a sling !! I just know he somehow got around my "fix" .. he must have "hacked" a way into the view counter . Hell, I remember when we were wondering if we'd see 100,000 by our thread's anniversary date. Does anybody know of any other thread on this site, that has more than 100,00 views and within a single year ..?? I'm wondering how long THIS thread, will keep going, ?? I guess it's pretty close to the time when Goomba, Doc, and the rest of the guys start talkin bout snow-plows and snow-blowers again, all you guys NORTH of Florida gonna have to put up with "that white stuff" again, better start sharpenin those snow shovels, and diggin out your cold weather gear, and don't forget to "winterize" your equipment !! Ahhh yes, .. Suffer baby , suffer !! ( LOL ) ...:laughing:..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Memorial to Submarine Veterans

I recently received an email from my Sub Vets group (USS Maine Base) regarding a submarine memorial. It was placed by the USSVI Requin Base the Pittsburgh-based chapter of the national group U.S. Submarine Veterans Inc. –in the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies in Cecil Township, PA.

I've got a buddy who lives in Pittsburgh that comes down to the same place in FL that we go to, so I asked him to drop by the cemetery and snap a couple pictures so I could send them to my Base Commander and he could promulgate them to All Hands so they could actually see it. Here is what he sent me.

Roger
very cool Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

easier to see where it was leaking when its out and up on a bench, even if the bench is just a few 2x6 on saw horses....LOL

God, rust in jersey is a bitch.......the flange on the tank rotted and the band could not hold it tight enough.
Bad tank.....
IMG_5683.jpg
IMG_5684.jpg

Good tank..................side note: my son walked by and looked at the tank and said "Old and Busted, New Hotness"
I swear he waits weeks if not months to use a movie quote on something I'm working on......:laughing:
IMG_5687.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

soon as the fog lifts I will go out and finish installing the new tank
It's so thick I can't even see my car at the end of the drive

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Memorial to Submarine Veterans

Roger

The trouble with memorials is, they won't be around long, some somabeech, will "protest" that it's offensive to them and soon after it will be removed, seems our past traditions and tributes are not worthy of preserving. This "new-generation" want's to change history, and even our beloved Constitution. Seems to me, the people elected to serve in publc office ( spineless - #@%#@!$#@ ) that they are could care less about anything but getting re-elected to a life of prosperity. I think, that if we continue down this pathway, one day, we may witness a bloody revolution. Someday, someone, will say ENOUGH !! and the schitt WILL hit the fan !! ..:smiley_aafz:

NorthBama

Threads

Roger the memorial is very nice and well deserved thanks for sharing