The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Thank you for the update Rog, Boo has been silenced by mother nature........probably the first time he has been this quiet in a long time...LOL

Just kidding Boo, we love ya.
:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Nothing new to report this morning.

We're up to our necks in applesauce. We picked up 15 gallons of drops at a local apple orchard the other day (free!) and now we are processing them into sauce. Eight quarts of peeled, cored and quartered apples makes 9 pints of sauce. I've probably got three or four more batches to go. Then we'll go back to the orchard and do it all over again!

Next mechanical project here is my yearly outboard maintenance for my F60 Yamaha. Usually it's just plugs, lubes and filters, but this year I'm installing a water pump rebuild kit. The engine has 350 hours on it and I figure the impeller needs to be replaced. Sierra makes after-market water-pump rebuild kits for most outboard engines and the one for mine was about $25. I use Sierra products whenever I can as they seem to be as good as OEM and save me money. There is a little fuel filter inside the engine that Sierra made that didn't appear to be as well made as the OEM Yamaha filter, and I discovered that this year they (Sierra) have discontinued making it. That's too bad as it's an expensive little bugger! The Yamaha original is over $21 and it's no bigger than a walnut! Oh well, better safe than sorry, the ocean is no place to take chances..

Roger

NorthBama

Threads

Glad your doing the maintenance Roger. You dont want to break down on the big pond. When do you head south?

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Glad your doing the maintenance Roger. You dont want to break down on the big pond. When do you head south?

James,

With luck (meaning no more bad hurricanes) we'll be down there by the first of the year.

Speaking of hurricanes, the owner just sent us some pictures of the condo in Rockport, TX where we were supposed to be going this winter. It looks pretty bad!

Roger

Attachments

• Casa Allegro.png
    Casa Allegro.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 10

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

wow, talk about a view to the fishes, the one has its own built in scuba tank

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Rog, you sailing the S.S. Rog to the Keys?!

NorthBama

Threads

Wow it is bad. I hope they can rebuild fast. Thanks for the picture. What is your back up plan?

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Wow it is bad. I hope they can rebuild fast. Thanks for the picture. What is your back up plan?

James, Our back-up plan is to return to the same area in FL that we've been going to for the last six years. It's near enough to Boo-Boo, so that I can get over there and bother him every now and again! LOL

Hey Rog, you sailing the S.S. Rog to the Keys?!

No Doc, we don't 'sail' down, but we do haul the boat down with us.

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Posted a huge page of info. but puter got knocked off-line, we got ALL utilities back as of this afternoon, will try to post more later, we are fine, deepest gratitude to all you well-wishers, much to do, back later , ya'll act intelligent, while i'm gone !! .. ( LOL ) :thumbsup: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:cool2:

NorthBama

Threads

Yahoo! Boo Boo back on line :thumbsup: :laughing: