The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Boo,

Relax buddy, I'm back!! Had a good time visiting with my old Navy mate (we used to teach together at the Fleet Anti-Submarine-Warfare School in San Diego), back in the early 70's. Hadn't seen each other in ten years.. Geez, he's gotten old! I wonder how that happened??

However, when we returned home we had a phone message. (For all you youngsters out there - families used to have a single phone 'land-line' and a recording machine would take messages from callers if you weren't home. We still use that antiquated method of communications.) The message was from the woman who owns the condo in Rockport, Texas that we had rented for this coming winter. She told us that her condo was in pretty good shape. It is on the second floor. One door had blown open and one pane of glass in the slider on the other end of the room had shattered, but the outer pane held. Her furniture had been rearranged by the wind and the carpeting ruined by rain. However, the building (which is right on the water) was damaged, and the town of Rockport itself has been devastated. She does not feel that the town or the condo building will be able to recover by January and suggested we cancel, which we have done, with first refusal rights for the winter of 2019.

So, IF we are lucky and can locate a place to stay down in Florida where we have been going, I may be able to get over your way and pester you some this winter!

We are working on it, but as you know, this is very late to start looking.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

Relax buddy, I'm back!! Had a good time visiting with my old Navy mate (we used to teach together at the Fleet Anti-Submarine-Warfare School in San Diego), back in the early 70's. Hadn't seen each other in ten years.. Geez, he's gotten old! I wonder how that happened??

However, when we returned home we had a phone message. (For all you youngsters out there - families used to have a single phone 'land-line' and a recording machine would take messages from callers if you weren't home. We still use that antiquated method of communications.) The message was from the woman who owns the condo in Rockport, Texas that we had rented for this coming winter. She told us that her condo was in pretty good shape. It is on the second floor. One door had blown open and one pane of glass in the slider on the other end of the room had shattered, but the outer pane held. Her furniture had been rearranged by the wind and the carpeting ruined by rain. However, the building (which is right on the water) was damaged, and the town of Rockport itself has been devastated. She does not feel that the town or the condo building will be able to recover by January and suggested we cancel, which we have done, with first refusal rights for the winter of 2019.

So, IF we are lucky and can locate a place to stay down in Florida where we have been going, I may be able to get over your way and pester you some this winter!

We are working on it, but as you know, this is very late to start looking.

Rog

HOLY COWABUNGA !! Don't know if I can tolerate puttin up with your antics so close to your last visit, Maybe you should try Pago-Pago,... ?? You can rent a nice lil grass-shack, with an outrigger canoe, and you N Becky could explore all the little out-islands, eat sushi, drink coconut milk, run around in sarongs ( or even NAKED ) pick tropical fruit, and enjoy the "submarine races" every evening !!

happy-smiley-emoticon-face-27613930.jpg

Pumper54

Threads

Roger,
Good to hear you were able to contact the condo owner, that meant that she was alive. Rockport like pretty much of the Texas gulf coast is messed and it will take a while to get back to normal. Sad thing is that although Houston is getting much of the news coverage due to the flooding the other areas further down the coast that took the brunt of the storm are getting by passed by the news. Texas will rebuilt stronger then ever and y'all can come on down.

Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Roger,
Good to hear you were able to contact the condo owner, that meant that she was alive. Rockport like pretty much of the Texas gulf coast is messed and it will take a while to get back to normal. Sad thing is that although Houston is getting much of the news coverage due to the flooding the other areas further down the coast that took the brunt of the storm are getting by passed by the news. Texas will rebuilt stronger then ever and y'all can come on down.

Tom

NOT wishing to dampen anyone's spirit or wishing any ill-will , but Tom, we're NOT out of the wood's just yet, middle of Sept. is Hurricane season high-point, and as of today there are 2 questionable "area's" of concern moving our way ! Let's pray Harvey is your LAST visitor this season.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger,

Tom

Tom,

We have been disappointed at how the "news" has dropped reporting on the Gulf Coast of Texas and concentrated on populous Houston.. Yes! The lady that owns the condo in Rockport, actually lives in Sugarland and I expect that area must have flooded as well. She didn't mention how her home had fared.. (Or is that "faired'?? ... I dunno.....)

We have already asked her to hold her place for us in 2019.. With any luck we'll make it then..

Glad you are up on a hill, at least your feet are dry!!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

HOLY COWABUNGA !! Don't know if I can tolerate puttin up with your antics so close to your last visit, Maybe you should try Pago-Pago,... ?? You can rent a nice lil grass-shack, with an outrigger canoe, and you N Becky could explore all the little out-islands, eat sushi, drink coconut milk, run around in sarongs ( or even NAKED ) pick tropical fruit, and enjoy the "submarine races" every evening !!

View attachment 34133

Boo,

LOL!!! I'd love to go to Pago-Pago and spend the rest of my days catching fish, picking mangos and passion fruit, and drinking coconut milk.. (And just think of all the native girls in topless grass skirts!!) . . . . . Ahhhhhh - - Heaven.. . . . Only I was kinda thinkin of Moorea, instead of Pago Pago.. Some of those Samoan girls sort of 'explode' after they hit 20 years old..

Moorea is pretty: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...a-stunning-island_us_56313513e4b0c66bae5acf45

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

HOLY COWABUNGA !! Don't know if I can tolerate puttin up with your antics so close to your last visit, View attachment 34133

Boo,

We haven't been able to score anything down your way yet, maybe you've got a spare bedroom? We don't eat much and I could tell you sea stories every night before you go to bed..

Now that you can walk again and I just received some "magic cream" from my doctor that I'm supposed to rub on my knees every SIX hours - (really!!) ... Maybe by the time I got down there I will be able to walk more than 300-feet at a time.. Think of all the flea markets we could hit! Mid Florida would never be the same again!! Marines say: "Hoo-Rah" ... when they go into battle..... We'd say: "Boo-Rog" (It would come out like - Boo-Raa, the "G" is silent and the "O" is short...

Whatcha think? We got one last fling left in us before we cash in our chips???

Rog

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I would pay to see the 2 of you in hover rounds taking on Florida. Old men scooting around pinching the girls on the arce. Priceless!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

We haven't been able to score anything down your way yet, maybe you've got a spare bedroom? We don't eat much and I could tell you sea stories every night before you go to bed..

Now that you can walk again and I just received some "magic cream" from my doctor that I'm supposed to rub on my knees every SIX hours - (really!!) ... Maybe by the time I got down there I will be able to walk more than 300-feet at a time.. Think of all the flea markets we could hit! Mid Florida would never be the same again!! Marines say: "Hoo-Rah" ... when they go into battle..... We'd say: "Boo-Rog" (It would come out like - Boo-Raa, the "G" is silent and the "O" is short...

Whatcha think? We got one last fling left in us before we cash in our chips???

Rog

YEP we have a guest bedroom, with Disney animal theme cots, inside a survival tent (the ceiling leaks when it rains) and a ladder down to the "out-house" ..Hell yeah C'mon down ...we be waitin !!

Seriously, yes we can work it out ! But fair warning !! we have 3 cats and we consider cat-fur as a "condiment" ( LOL ) ..

3bca3bbfc9d09c3316fc20138e97bca8--smiley-emoji-emoji-faces.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I would pay to see the 2 of you in hover rounds taking on Florida. Old men scooting around pinching the girls on the arce. Priceless!

I can't even get away with pinchin my WIFE'S arse !! (LOL )

59d42de4fbcb460daaef00d3c51963bb--smiley-faces-emojis.jpg