Mower Jack Question

RustyBoy

Threads
I have a HF mower jack that provides about 11" of clearance from floor to nut, enough for my 8" impact wrench to remove the blade nuts. The jack will go higher but the front wheels start rolling backwards a little, and if too much, will roll out of the jack's tire holder. Since I have a difficult time using a torque wrench because of my awkward position on the floor, I would like to increase the height of the deck by about 5" to allow use of a torque stick attached to the impact wrench. Does anyone have any suggestions to raise the mower an additional 5"? I thought about somehow raising the rear wheels some how so I can raise the front jack higher. Does this make sense? Torque setting on my blade nuts is 115 - 160 ft. lbs. and the torque stick is about 7 1/2".

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not engage the brake. Mower should move with jack. When lifted then you can apply the brake. Remember to release brake when lowering.

RustyBoy

Threads
Wow, why didn't I think about that. That would help with the wheel moving backwards. Will try it later today; thanks!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The pics are a MoJack Pro. The wheel lifts are adjustable and with straps. And as has been mentioned, release the machine parking brake so it will roll as the jack is being raised.MoJack Pro 001.JPGMoJack Pro 002.JPGMoJack Pro 003.JPGMoJack Pro 004.JPGMoJack Pro 005.JPG