tecumseh hsk100 trouble

bebuzz69

Threads
I got my snow blower out to check it out and after awhile it startwd to shoot oil out of the valve cover tube. it was alful thin, could be gas mixed with it, so i replaced the carb. anit still shoots oil out. any sugestions.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you really must have a reply inside 30 nanno seconds, put your post on farce book :thumbdown:
Otherwise be a little patient.
If no one responds in a week then use the cute little smiley :anyone: to bump your post back to the new posts status.
You were right, the carb has leaked over summer and filled the sump with fuel diluting the oil.
Besides addressing the cause ( the carb ) you also have to address they synptoms, crankcase overfull of diluted oil.
IT will need to be changed, at least twice so I generally advise to get a can of the cheapest Wallmart oil you can find , change the oil, run the engine for an hour or so under a light load ( augers on ) then change the oil again, run it again and finally change the oil back to mower oil.
While you are in Wallmart buy a fuel tap & install it so at the end of the season you can turn the fuel off and let the engine starve off.

IF your blower has a fuel pump you will also need to check the diaphragm in the pump is not broken as that is the only other way fuel gets into the oil with the engine off.

Actually , small children playing "daddy" can some times be the culprit, a bit trickier to track down that one.:laughing: