HR215 Revving a bit high...

apwillard1986

Threads
So I saw a familiar set of chrome handlebars and decided a little project might be fun and that it might be nice to park an HR215 next to my HRA215. It was filthy but everything seems in really good shape. I think it has only seen light use. I ordered a few things it needs and a few accessories like a mulch plug, deck guards, twin blade kit, etc...

Anyhow, I did a tune-up and serviced everything. It is revving a little high according to my tach. It's not bad. The cables on the machine are pretty kinked. I have ordered new ones. I am hopeful that the kinked cable is causing the issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am also hoping that Robert can run the serial number for me and provide a little history as he was good enough to do on my other machine...

IMG_21331_zpsauttlc1e.jpg

Before:
IMG_21321_zpsxj92ps2x.jpg

After:
IMG_21341_zps654vm421.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
MZAM-6178505 was likely assembled in late 1991 or sometime in 1992 at Honda's plant in Swepsonville, NC (the engine and transmission made in Japan, mower deck in Mexico). It was wholesaled by Honda to Plano Power Equipment of Plano, TX on 2/16/1993, and then purchased by Maryann A. of Plano, on 4/27/1993. It was registered for non-commercial use. There are no active service bulletins, updates or safety recalls for this mower.

A brief service reminder was issued back in 2010 to remind dealers to double-check the maximum engine speed; for this mower, it should be 2,950~,3,250 RPM with the blade engaged.

Finally, if you would send me a private message with your name and address, and I will update the registration database to show you as the new owner. Honda asks for this in the unlikely event there is ever a product safety recall and needs to contact you.