Fuel RedRobin

toro16

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a New Shindaiwa Weed Eater, and Backpack Blower. I will be storing them for the first time this Winter season. I was planning to empty the two cycle mix, and adding Trufuel 50:1 mix to each. Thoughts / comments ??? Is this OK ?

I also have a new Toro Time Cutter SS4225 that I want to again run the engine dry, and add Trufuel 4 cycle Fuel. Thoughts / comments ??? Is this OK ??

I have about a Gallon of two cycle mix left in the Gas container. Can I pour this into my Car w/o any problems ???

Thank you very much for your time !!! RedRobin

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Best thing you can do is to tip all the fuel out then start & run them till dry

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The trufuel should work fine. You can drain and then start and run dry and that is what some people do. I have had cases come into the shop where they were run dry, and over the winter the rubber diaphragms dry out and stiffen and then don't work to pump or meter fuel come spring, requiring carb work.

toro16

Forum Newbie
Threads
The trufuel should work fine. You can drain and then start and run dry and that is what some people do. I have had cases come into the shop where they were run dry, and over the winter the rubber diaphragms dry out and stiffen and then don't work to pump or meter fuel come spring, requiring carb work.

Thank you for your post !! So are you saying, don't drain the Trufuel??

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do not use trufuel except to break in a new 2 cycle engine. I do however use non ethanol fuel mixed with oil at 40 to 1 to winterize all my stuff. On my zero turn I also use 40 to 1 mix. Oil in the gas gets to places it can not with just gas. It is such a small amount of oil I'm not sure it really does anything but I have done this for 30 years and I'm not changing my procedure. It works for me. I fill all my equipment to the top every time I turn it off for the season. More fuel = less water( condensation ) in my opinion. All left over fuel in gas cans goes into my truck. Premixed and all. Fresh gas for the new season.

toro16

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do not use trufuel except to break in a new 2 cycle engine. I do however use non ethanol fuel mixed with oil at 40 to 1 to winterize all my stuff. On my zero turn I also use 40 to 1 mix. Oil in the gas gets to places it can not with just gas. It is such a small amount of oil I'm not sure it really does anything but I have done this for 30 years and I'm not changing my procedure. It works for me. I fill all my equipment to the top every time I turn it off for the season. More fuel = less water( condensation ) in my opinion. All left over fuel in gas cans goes into my truck. Premixed and all. Fresh gas for the new season.

Than You !!

toro16

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thank You !