Craftsman YTS3000 hydrostatic transmission question

turbofiat124

Threads
IMG_20160720_194629744_zpsxx8i77io.jpg

One day while changing the oil and greasing the joints, I was going to change out the fluid in the transmission of my 2010 Husqvarna built Craftsman mower so I dug out the owner's manual but it says it did not need to be changed regularly but only when serviced. I have not looked to see if there is even a drain and filler plug on it. Or what kind of lubricant to even use.

So does it really not need to be changed until the transmission tears up? Opinions?

If it's a good idea to change the fluid and it has a drain and filler plug, what type of fluid goes in it and how much?

I'm not abusive to any of my stuff but I am a bit hard on my mower because my yard is a bit rough. I wore out my Snapper in about 10 years. My Craftsman has actually been a good mower except for the head gasket incident and that was my fault.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The gearbox is assembled in a clean room because the tollerances in the pump & motor are so fine it is not funny.
Thus opening the box to put new oil will do more damage than good.
I take them into the bathroom and assemble them in a wet shower cubicle in order to get a dust free enviroment.
The box is sealed and best left that way.
Boxes designed to be opened have very fine oil filters on them mainly to remove impurities introduced when topping up the oil.

turbofiat124

Threads
The gearbox is assembled in a clean room because the tollerances in the pump & motor are so fine it is not funny.
Thus opening the box to put new oil will do more damage than good.
I take them into the bathroom and assemble them in a wet shower cubicle in order to get a dust free enviroment.
The box is sealed and best left that way.
Boxes designed to be opened have very fine oil filters on them mainly to remove impurities introduced when topping up the oil.

Thanks. I'll leave it be.