Exmark Radius

Bigbuck34

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone bought one yet? Can't find any reviews on this and was wondering if it was a good mower. I currently have a quest and want to move up. Thanks!

Exmarkradboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a Radius E series 60 inch about two weeks ago. Love it so far. Any questions in particular?

me3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got the E-series 48" about a month ago. I was a little concerned about the engine but it runs great. Plus, it comes with a great warranty.

cruzenmike

Threads
Got the E-series 48" about a month ago. I was a little concerned about the engine but it runs great. Plus, it comes with a great warranty.

That too was one of my concerns with the Radius. I have considered selling my Lazer Z and getting a Radius or the Toro Titan ZX4800 or Timecutter HD. They are all priced close together but with the Titan you get a Kohler Confidant (21hp) and with the Timecutter you can get a 54" deck with 22.5hp priced the same or less than the Radius E 48. They all have similar warranties, transmissions, tires, decks, etc. It will be a tough decision for sure!

me3

Forum Newbie
Threads
That too was one of my concerns with the Radius. I have considered selling my Lazer Z and getting a Radius or the Toro Titan ZX4800 or Timecutter HD. They are all priced close together but with the Titan you get a Kohler Confidant (21hp) and with the Timecutter you can get a 54" deck with 22.5hp priced the same or less than the Radius E 48. They all have similar warranties, transmissions, tires, decks, etc. It will be a tough decision for sure!

I got a heck of a deal on this one and I needed the 48" deck as anything bigger wouldn't get through some gates. The dealer is fairly close too, so that played a big part in my decision. That engine may blow up tomorrow but I'm more than happy with the way it runs now.

cruzenmike

Threads
I got a heck of a deal on this one and I needed the 48" deck as anything bigger wouldn't get through some gates. The dealer is fairly close too, so that played a big part in my decision. That engine may blow up tomorrow but I'm more than happy with the way it runs now.

I thought long and hard about the consequences of purchasing a machine with a "company branded" engine and came to the conclusion that it would only be a mental struggle living with the fact that I didn't buy something i know and am experienced with. I was first exposed to these engines when I was shopping Toros and noticed that they were ditching the Kohler's and Kawasaki's for their own engine. Then ExMark branded the same engine for their quest and radius line. If ExMark, a brand that is synonymous with commercial lawn care, is willing to put their name and reputation on an engine, then the average consumer should be confident that it will perform satisfactorily and last as long as the rest of the machine. Obviously these engines are not meant for true commercial use and maintenance is crucial for ensuring longevity. With that being said, come spring I will be considering trading up the Lazer Z CT for a Radius. I appreciate your​ feedback and experience.

Mike

Tray

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a 48 inch Radius with the Exmark engine at 24.5 horse power and a 4 year warranty. I did a lot of research before making this decision. I found out that this mower is totally made in the USA, including the engine. I also found out that Kholer has moved mfg. to China, except for a few high-end engines. The Exmark 4 year warranty is on everything except consumables, like belts, tires.
After a demonstration and a lot of comparison shopping, I finally laid the money down and I'm glad I did.
This Exmark Radius is a fine, well built, mower. I think it's hard to get your money's worth on anything anymore, but this Exmark is a good buy when you look at quality and service and then go compare brands.

dman535

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same exact feelings. After talking to a number of dealers and owners, the warranty claims are lower on the Exmark engine that a lot of the similar Kohler and Kawasaki units. Following the same common sense that Toro/Exmark would not risk their name on a problematic engine.
So far I have been very happy with the quality/features of the machine and I looked at a lot of manufactures.

Attachments

• radius.jpg
    radius.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 26

Short Cut

Forum Newbie
Threads
After only 16 hours on the running of our eXmark Radius 48, I can relax about the motor & begin to enjoy my purchase.

Shopping for nearly a year, told me what direction to go.

Not all dealerships are the same & yes that is important....for service.

We have acres to cut & a very technical yard w/ pond, islands of flowering bushes, rock ways & trees galore .
All handled by our 17 yr old JD GT 245 w/ 54 deck & it did the job.
However we wanted more in a mower & that meant using less time bouncing around the place.

The 2017 model of the eXmark Radius 48 easily cuts the time off by 1/3.
It uses less fuel too.
Actually a pleasure to climb aboard & not a relief to dismount.

Just a side note:
A good long time friend has more to handle on his plate at work & his big place looked rather shaggy.
A large side yard had been neglected for months, grass nearing 2 ft w/ some weeds at an easy 3 ft.
Wife & I packed up the X 48 inside the van & went over to help out while our friend was at his shop.
After only 3.5 hours of work on both of our parts, the place appeared much better.
A neighbor came over & thought we were a lawn service & wanted to schedule an apt for his place.
This Radius is w/o a doubt a very fine cutting machine w/ quality results.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I thought long and hard about the consequences of purchasing a machine with a "company branded" engine and came to the conclusion that it would only be a mental struggle living with the fact that I didn't buy something i know and am experienced with. I was first exposed to these engines when I was shopping Toros and noticed that they were ditching the Kohler's and Kawasaki's for their own engine. Then ExMark branded the same engine for their quest and radius line. If ExMark, a brand that is synonymous with commercial lawn care, is willing to put their name and reputation on an engine, then the average consumer should be confident that it will perform satisfactorily and last as long as the rest of the machine. Obviously these engines are not meant for true commercial use and maintenance is crucial for ensuring longevity. With that being said, come spring I will be considering trading up the Lazer Z CT for a Radius. I appreciate your​ feedback and experience.

Mike

Toro are sourcing their engines from Loncin and they are a relatively good engine.
Nothing to write home to mom about but fairly reliable.
Biggest problem is you are limited to genuine factory branded parts.
After market air filters have turned up in my whole salers cattledogs for both Loncin & Ducar.
No carbs or carb parts yet.