Homemade Exhaust System

mtcjayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like you are building a gas powered air compressor, why don't you just remove it from your vehicle and then run it?

This is 100% an option. As the pump is belt driven it may be less convenient than dragging a hose or lifting a small tank so I do want to experiment with this first. I will have all the engine and pump components Monday and will get back to folks with my initial feelings also.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh and I understand this is a lawnmower forum. I hoped it was a good place to discuss exhaust design for small engines if I kept it a little bit applicable to riding mowers too.
You doing just fine with your question. Much better than the economics of different pricing of mowers.

Early washing machines had gas engines on the porch with flex steel exhaust pipe running out the screen door.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You doing just fine with your question.

So you also run a small engine in the back seat of your car. I got mine in the front seat so its easier to start and I carry my fire wood in the rear seat. You ever watch the movie Tobacco Road? :biggrin:

Last edited:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
From what I've seen of this site, long time members better give some positive comments to new members rather than criticizing. It seems as though this site needs all the new members it can attract.

Pumper54

Threads
This is 100% an option. As the pump is belt driven it may be less convenient than dragging a hose or lifting a small tank so I do want to experiment with this first. I will have all the engine and pump components Monday and will get back to folks with my initial feelings also.

If it was me and I had to go this route I might look at a small hand truck (dollie) to mount all the components on. That way it would be on wheels and you could drag it around the work site. Look at the way the commercial gas powered compressors are set up to get ideas.

Tom

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
From what I've seen of this site, long time members better give some positive comments to new members rather than criticizing. It seems as though this site needs all the new members it can attract.

Its more to you not the op. When I read the first post I though it was a joke you are the one that is carrying it on. My later post I was giving suggestions, so keep it coming I am up for some fun:thumbsup:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the OP's reply to you any way you like. He did not like your answer believe it or not.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take the OP's reply to you any way you like. He did not like your answer believe it or not.

The OP should of given more information on his first post. Its not him that's up set its you. Doesn't everybody run a small engine in the back seat of there car, I thought it was normal. Come on you have watched the movie Tobacco Road if you are a old timer like me. Now if you do read my past post I was giving him information when I knew what he was doing. This being a lawn mower forum just how many people install there own car exhaust system, I bet very few others then you and me. I have only ever seen it on motorhomes and a step van that runs a extra small engine. I know very little about the OP and his skills and equipment to run a custom exhaust system under his car.