replaceing drive belt on toro 22 personal pace mod 20333 which has two belts

webguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / replaceing drive belt on toro 22 personal pace mod 20333 which has two belts
I have a toro 22 personal pace mod. 20333 with two belts and the drive belt i can't seem to be able to figure out how to get it positioned oon the pulley without taken off motor mounts??? Help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / replaceing drive belt on toro 22 personal pace mod 20333 which has two belts
You have a Toro mower with a blade brake clutch system. One belt (short and heavy) drives the blade, while the other (longer and lighter) is for traction drive. You don't have to remove any engine mounting bolts to change either belt, but there is some disaasembly required. Unless you are a better the average garage mechanic, I would not attempt to do this service work. Depending on the year of the unit, you could easily get caught with a big repair bill. Just my opinion, I would replace both belts plus check the BBC idler pulley while everything is apart. This repair takes me between 45 minutes to one hour to do and I do about a dozen a season. Not a job I recommend you take on, and sorry I can find no manual to help you out.

flow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the transmission on the mower with the blade clutch the same as the other mod 20333?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have no idea what you are asking. All model 20333 have the blade brake clutch system.

flow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your estimate time to change both drive and blade belts on a Toro 20333 was about 1 1/2 hrs. does that estimate include complete take apart and put back together?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I should be able to fully change both belts in an hour and a half. That being said, I posted that I would not recommend the average mechanic attempt this job. I've probably changed over 100 units and it can be very tricky reassembling the clutch and drive systems, without running into problems. Proper torquing of the clutch flywheel, without pinching the belts or shearing the aligning pins, is the most difficult part. Again, I do not recommend you attempt this repair on your own. You could very easily end up with the unit in the shop, replacing more parts. Read my signature.