Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.
Hello,

I have a Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 with 23 HP Kawi engine.

I bought it from Lowe's maybe two years ago as I live in a rural area and we don't have a lot of options... Its either full on commercial place, Lowe's or Walmart...

Anyway, the mower has been pretty good, seems too use a lot of gas and spin out alot on any kind of incline, but other than that I enjoy using it.

My issue is, Saturday, when I was cutting the lawn, and the fron of the deck just dropped to the ground. Upon further inspection, the one single bolt that holds it deck up too the frame, seems to have just snapped off...

Its a strange bolt, kinda reminds me of a tuning fork... By that, I mean, it is a Threaded rod maybe 7-8" long, that has two flanges welded on the bottom, the top, used to go though a round bar part maybe an inch in diameter at most and that part went though a mount spot on the center of the deck. Anyway, the threaded rod, snapped and it now to short to go through that round bar part or I count maybe put another nut ant lock washer on it to put it back together...

Also, it looks like the round bar stock part that the bolt goes though was threaded at some point and the threads maybe worn or stripped out. The bolt's threads will not even attempt to bit onto the bars threads. I'm not sure they even did though.

I went and downloaded the parts manual PDF and I in the deck section, I can see where it connects/mounts to the frame and the deck, but it does not show or list my broken parts...

I've attached pic (or think I have, not familiar with this forum software), so someone might better see what I'm talking about...

MowerBolt01.jpg

MowerBolt02.jpg

MowerBolt03.jpg

Any ideas, how I might get new parts and what I'm looking at cost wise???

Lowe's is pretty useless in this, they don't service anything or sell much in parts for it....

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.
Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

Thank you for the info, is that both the bolt deal and the bar (if I'm calling it the right thing) it goes through on the bottom of the deck???

There were no pictures or real info on whats included on that page...

I tried calling them, but it went to VM..

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

It comes with everything in the picture minus the pin circled in blue.

So what is circled in blue connects to deck. Circled in red connects to frame and nut circled in green goes on threaded part to hold cylinder in place. It also levels deck from front to back. See owners manual. By the way the cylinder is not threaded it is adjustable for leveling.
hustler.jpg

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads

It comes with everything in the picture minus the pin circled in blue.

So what is circled in blue connects to deck. Circled in red connects to frame and nut circled in green goes on threaded part to hold cylinder in place. It also levels deck from front to back. See owners manual. By the way the cylinder is not threaded it is adjustable for leveling.
View attachment 30174

Right on.. I'll get it ordered... thanks again!!!

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads

Right on.. I'll get it ordered... thanks again!!!

***ETA*** Ordered...

Thanks again!

Scott M

gasjr4wd

Threads

or, if a neighbor has a little mig welder...
My mower is new... 1.5 weeks old. 5.3 hours...
-if this is how things are going to be going with this mower I'm going to start thinking how I do my truck. Rather than replace with same parts, replace with better/bigger parts.

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads

or, if a neighbor has a little mig welder...
My mower is new... 1.5 weeks old. 5.3 hours...
-if this is how things are going to be going with this mower I'm going to start thinking how I do my truck. Rather than replace with same parts, replace with better/bigger parts.

Did yours break or have you had any issues with it???

I did get the parts in that I ordered, looks like the right stuff.. We were gone camping all this last weekend, hopefully, this weekend I can get to swapping the parts...

Thanks again to BlazNT for the help locating the correct parts and a link right too it... Can't ask for any better than that...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I did get the parts in that I ordered, looks like the right stuff.. We were gone camping all this last weekend, hopefully, this weekend I can get to swapping the parts...

Thanks again to BlazNT for the help locating the correct parts and a link right too it... Can't ask for any better than that...

Not a problem

gasjr4wd

Threads

Haven't broke anything yet. But there has been a few times it sounded like metal falling off when hitting car/truck ruts. I'll give it a quick look and it all looks good.
But I am def adding lights to it. (not their kit, my own led lights. had to finish in the dark.)