Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

bmiller

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.
Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

Did you have any trouble installing it. I am trying to get a deck back on for my stepdad and cannot get enough forward movement of the deck to line up the front height adjuster thing you are fixing. Thinking about attaching the front adjuster then working the aft end of the mowing deck next. Just thought maybe one of the guys who helped you find the part may have installed one as well.

turboawd

Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.
Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

Did you have any trouble installing it. I am trying to get a deck back on for my stepdad and cannot get enough forward movement of the deck to line up the front height adjuster thing you are fixing. Thinking about attaching the front adjuster then working the aft end of the mowing deck next. Just thought maybe one of the guys who helped you find the part may have installed one as well.

you need to set the deck on some blocks of wood (with deck high off ground). and lower the height handle all the way down. then you should be able to reattach the front bolt. that front bolt also levels the deck. make sure part of the bolt/threads didnt break off. you have the original nut?

gasjr4wd

Threads

Can you post a pict of the issue/exact bolt? It takes me about 1-2 minutes to take my deck off, maybe 2 minutes to put it back on. The more you do it the faster you get. it's really not hard.
If things dry out here I may cut mine and pull the deck to clean... If I think about it I'll do a vid of how I drop mine. One trick I did was lower the anti-scalp wheels. It makes it easier to R&R the deck.

rbsmith6

Threads

Haven't broke anything yet. But there has been a few times it sounded like metal falling off when hitting car/truck ruts. I'll give it a quick look and it all looks good.
But I am def adding lights to it. (not their kit, my own led lights. had to finish in the dark.)

Here is what I did for lights.

Attachments

• hustler lights.jpg
    hustler lights.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 35

Mykey

Threads

rbsmith6, I really like that light set up. Looks good! How do you have that wired up?

rbsmith6

Threads

rbsmith6, I really like that light set up. Looks good! How do you have that wired up?

I ran a power wire from both lights to a switch mounted in the control panel. I got power from the orange wire at the key switch (only power when ignition is on run) Black or ground wire directly to battery. I used heavy duct tape for the wires to the inside of the frame.
I used this type switch no relay required.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Light...ash=item3d30297c0e:g:Aa0AAOSw9IpXykOG&vxp=mtr

mhavanti

Threads

This helps slow the roll on deck lift bolt breakage somewhat. Not a cure, however, does help stop the bolt head from so much movement.

https://youtu.be/ohVGjmxlyls