Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.
Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

Another thing I'll warn about is the soft deck metal...

Twice now, either me or my G/F have been backing out of the shed and down a plywood ramp, when we did so, the decks seems to have gotten High centered (even in the all the way up position) and bent the round metal that the blades spin in.
Then when we turned on the blades, it clattered like all hell was breaking lose...

I had put it up on ramps and crawl under it with vice-grips and big pliers to bend the metal back out, so the blades would clear...

That was at the beginning of the summer, since then, I've been putting it in the garage to prevent that... I guess I need to build a better or not as steep ramp.
Its just a 4x8 sheet of plywood, cut down a bit, turned length ways and laid down so I can drive the Mower or ATV in and out of the shed.

I'm limited on ramp options as the dang shed doors hang down about 4" lower than the actual floor, I guess to help seal out the winter and look nicer too... Anyway, if I build a permanent ramp there, the sheds doors would hit when I open or close them... Thanks why I just lay that plywood in there till I get whatever in or out...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.
Re: Hustler Raptor 52" Model # 933077 Deck Issue, Bolt/Mount Broke, Deck dropped.

When I get home I will get you a couple of good pictures of what I did for my shed ramp.

smullen

Forum Newbie
Threads

When I get home I will get you a couple of good pictures of what I did for my shed ramp.

Thank ya again sir....

Dang this place is handy...

I've been on other forums where all they do is talk smack too or about each other.... This place is helpful and all about solutions!!!

Good folks from everything I see...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Oh we get some smack on here too but try to keep it to a minimum.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sorry for the late post.
First I attached a straight ramp to the underneath of the shed drilled holes through the shed floor into the ramps 6" carrage bolts to attach.. I finished off with 3/4 treated plywood.
Shed 1.jpg
shed 2.jpg
shed 3.jpg

afdnjsl

Forum Newbie
Threads

I have the same mower. Same bolt broke. I found this thread looking for the same info you were looking for. Thanks for answering questions. I think Hustler has a bit of a design flaw here. It doesn't seem like this bolt should ever be a problem.

Mr. Mower

Threads

My owners manual informs the user to follow a daily or weekly checklist, to inspect, making sure that all hose's are tightly secured and all bolts are tightened.

Even though most us probably don't actually do this on either a daily or weekly basis, still it is good practice to at least give it consideration and perform this task at least once a month maybe?

You never know, you just might come across lose or un-tightened bolts, which over a period of time using the mower can happen.

On my old mower I experienced this first hand. From time to time I would find lose bolts, missing nut, etc., so I found this out first hand.

Over all, very good info here on Hustler mowers.

gasjr4wd

Threads

My owners manual informs the user to follow a daily or weekly checklist, to inspect, making sure that all hose's are tightly secured and all bolts are tightened.

Even though most us probably don't actually do this on either a daily or weekly basis, still it is good practice to at least give it consideration and perform this task at least once a month maybe?

You never know, you just might come across lose or un-tightened bolts, which over a period of time using the mower can happen.

On my old mower I experienced this first hand. From time to time I would find lose bolts, missing nut, etc., so I found this out first hand.

Over all, very good info here on Hustler mowers.

They also know a very small percent actually read and follow that advice. That is just the lawyers covering their a.
I've got seat arms that will not stay tight no matter what. Poor design. Tighten them up and they don't move. Then again, I think they are too low anyway but that's another story.

bh2o

Forum Newbie
Threads

Well, I found this forum because my deck bolt broke, too. Does anyone know if you can just purchase a bolt or if you have to get the whole deck pivot kit. I see Hustler has the kit online for $38.95. I'd rather not pay that much for complete kit when I just need the bolt.

I think I may need a support group for this mower. This is the 4th season I've it. Each year (in April), the drive belt breaks. It has broken 3 times! I contacted Hustler last time, and they spoke with the dealer and gave them a different fix for the belt. So, hopefully this year it won't break. Maybe, just maybe, this freaking bolt will be my only issue this year. I sure hope so!

Thanks for the information in this thread/ forum.
-Todd

Gvaguila

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks guys for all the great info, new to this forum. my deck bolt broke and i was under warranty but nearest dealer is 35 min away from my home and I had no real way to transport my mower. Ordered new deck bolt kit from the link that was on the forum and it got to me in 2 days. mower back up and running . that new part is alot more heavy duty, so hopefully wont have anymore issues with that breaking. Bought mower from Lowes and they wont touch it unless you bought extended warranty from them. Lowes you suck.