MTD Yardman transaxle replacement

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tom,

I have two cousins who were professional fire "fighters". Both are retired today, but the older one (84) is still active in his local VFD in Oquossoc, Maine. He drove and ran his pumper for two solid days for the huge train and oil tank fire up in Lac Megantic, Quebec, Canada a couple years ago. He had some fantastic photos..

My father was the secretary of our local VFD in Falmouth, Maine for 37 years (he also ran a pumper.) And my other half's m0other was the treasurer for the Westport, Maine VFD for 35 years.. She didn't run a pumper.

I on the other hand have never given a hoot about fire.. Never bothered with a camp fire when camping (unless I was freezing to death.) .. I'm the black sheep in a family of fire 'fighters' - but it's not from soot! .. LOL .. My 'wool' is all dirty from working hard all my life.. (Oh, and raisin' a little he!! now and again..)

Roger

Pumper54

Threads
Roger,

Pretty cool about your family in the Fire Service. I know all about spending a few days on a fire, if you ever get bored look on YouTube for videos from the Magnolia Texas "Tri-County" fires of a few years ago. I was running a 2000 gallon tanker on that one. Pretty big and touch and go at times.

As for being the 'Black Sheep' you are so baaaad. LOL
Tom