Econo-Horse rear tine tiller crankcase completely full of water and lube

ronno5957

Threads
  • / Econo-Horse rear tine tiller crankcase completely full of water and lube
How should i go about remedying this? Should i expect damage to bearings and such?

deck~dragger

Threads
Depends on how long the water was in there and if it was ran with water in it.

Do not start. Drain. Refill with new oil using part seafoam. Start, let run for a while, drain and refill with new oil again . Start, listen for anything that doesn't sound normal.

Also, if the tiller was where it could get water in the engine, you may have other problems, check the spark.

ronno5957

Threads
Re: Econo-Horse tiller shaft & wheel shaft are completely full of water and lube?

I may not have been specific enough. I am not referring to the engine. The gear box transmission containing the tiller shaft assembly and wheel shaft shaft are full of water and lube. What should i do?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No he did not misunderstand you. His instructions are for the gearbox.

snorky1

Threads
u may have to find a way to suck the stuff out, i have used rubbing alcohol in the past to flush things with water contamination that have a drain plug. only using it to rinse and pull the water out not running it with it inside then followed with multiple oil changes getting the item to full temp then draining it while its sill nuclear hot. pray you do not have rust damage, usually to ball bearing surfaces and their races and left unchecked everything ingests their released metal.