Hustler FasTrak 52" Zero Turn Starting Problem

laukhuf2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was riding the mower and there was something in the yard so I got up so the mower shut off. When I went to start the mower back up it won't turn on. All I hear is a small click when I turn the key. I bought the mower used about a month ago and this is the first time I've had any trouble starting it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am far from an expert when it comes to mower engines.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Shut off PTO switch & give it a try.

check seat switch connection under seat & also for blown fuse

Last edited:

laukhuf2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Switch is off. Steering arms are in parking break position.

laukhuf2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Didn't see the second part of the post. I have been trying and can't even figure out how to get to the switch below the seat

1slow5point0h

Threads
Didn't see the second part of the post. I have been trying and can't even figure out how to get to the switch below the seat

I just unplugged mine and made a jumper wire with two spade terminals on a short piece of wire. Bypassed the switch and now I don't have to shut the mower off every time I get off to pick up something out of the yard.

gasjr4wd

Threads
I've got the SD, but I can't imagine they made them different... I can get off mine and it stays running.
I shut off the blades and throttle down and move arms to park... get off for what ever - get back on, move arms in, throttle up, engage blades and go.
Are you sure you turned off blades?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are two safety circuits.
One stops the engine cranking, this is to protect the starter motor
The other stops the engine firing this it to protect the owner of the bum in the seat.

THE SEAT SWITCH HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER OF THESE TWO CIRCUITS SO IT HAS NO EFFECT ON STARTING THE MOWER
As mummy said to little Johnny when he had his pants down - "If you don't know why it is there, don't play with it"

First & foremost check the battery.
Use some jumpers directly from the battery to the starter or bridge the two big terminal on top of the starter solenoid.

Cranking circuit
Ignition switch
PTO switch
Lap bars neutral switches ( make ground control contact if a starting relay is used )
Starter solenoid

Ignition Circuit
Ignition switch
Lap Bars
Parking brake