Kohler CH26 EFI

rperk

Threads
I did a search and did find something related to my problem but there was never an answer.

The engine want start, here is what I have found. It has the 35 pin Bosch ecu
No power to fuel pump and no power to coils. The line to the fuel pump has a 10amp fuse which is good.
No power at all on the fuse.

I've replaced the ign/fuel relay and still don't have power. I've replaced the ecu with another and still nothing.
The relay has 12 volts going to it, when the ign switch is turned on another wire goes hot on the relay which
leaves 3 hot wires coming out of another leg that goes to fuel pump and to the coils but are not hot.

The wiring diagram shows one of those wires that's not hot going into the ecu. I'm wondering if the ecu when switched on
is what makes that wire hot, which sends power back to relay to make coil and fuel pump hot.(which I guess means the ecu is shot?)

Last edited:

gainestruk

Threads
Check the relay, you said power going into it but nothing going out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It would be really helpful if you post the wiring diagram that you are using.

I am fairly sure you still have a magneto ignition so the wire to the coil should only be ground or open.

cashman

Threads
Check ALL the ground connections. EFI works backwards to some electrical systems as some of the components are fed hot at all times and the relay turns the ground connection on and off to complete a circuit. Make sure the chassis, body of the ECU, and engine block all have a ground continuity together. I've seen where a manufacturer powder coated the frame and the main grounding connection didn't quite make up after several hours of use due to corrosion. A Wiring diagram would be very beneficial.

rperk

Threads
Thanks for all the replies. I found I don't have enough time to keep looking for this problem and took it to a dealer.
I'll update this post once I'm told what it is so that it may help some one else in the future.

Yes that was the diagram I was using.