Kit vs new carb

rickpaulos

Threads
It's just silly. new carb for $12.95 or a rebuild kit for $30? I am having trouble finding a kit for a reasonable amount to fit this model of carb.

Tecumseh Enduro OHH50 6800D New in 2003? Used very little on my spare Troy Bilt shredder. it spends most time just sitting in an unheated shed. Used about once a year in the autumn to shred mass quantities of leaves. But it leaks gasoline like crazy when filled and first running. After a minute or so, the leak(s) stop and it runs fine. I just have to run it dry before putting it back in the shed which I do anyhow seeing how long it sits between uses.

Really, a new carb means I don't get to do the rebuild and it seems wasteful to toss an otherwise okay carb.

My bigger Troy Bilt Shredder has an 8hp Briggs that leaks too but it has a fuel line shut off valve.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are obviously involved in processing, packaging, warehousing or logistics.
The cost involved in makeing all of the bits, moving them somewhere, sorting them out counting and packaging then packing invoicing, warehousing and final distribution is a lot more expensive than many would believe.
Every time they pass through a set of hands, a mark up is added.
Down here it costs $ 4.15 to put a pallet on a pick face , pick an item off that pallet them move it around to despatch and load it on a van for delivery, raising an invoice for it and adjusting the inventory and taking the payment.

In many cases the actual manufacturing cost is the smallest part of the price .
Spare parts warehousing & logistics are the most expensive section of the small engine business which is why there are no supplies of spare parts for Chinese knock off engines, no parts manuals, no service manuals.
You buy new one , when it breaks you buy another new one.
China buys obsolete containers fills them up with Perditor/ Longsan/ Ducar/ White Goose/ Great Wall engines and ships them off.
The container is landed then sits in the yard while the contents is progressively sold to retailers as there is no rent acruing on the box which when empty either gets sold for scrap or into the used containers for sheds market
Thus I can load 1,000,000 carbs into a box, ship them from China to an open yard and despatch them in box loads only to retailers.
Effective warehousing cost = zero.