PLEASE HELP MY HUSQVARNA HU600L WONT START

nabaricia

Forum Newbie
Threads
i got a husqvarna hu600l about 2 moths ago i was so excited and then i added fuel and oil the night before and then the next day the mower wouldnt start. so i returned it to sears and they gave me a replacement this time it had a 173 cc engine but i added the fuel and the oil and the next day it wouldnt start PLEASE HELP ME IF THIS ONE DOESNT GET WORKING ILL BE FORCED TO BUY A CRAFTSMAN!! ps: both of the models do not have a primer. this has a kohler xt-7 engine with 173 cc

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF...
Just wondering why you are adding fuel & oil.... then waiting till the next day to see if it will start...?

I'd check a little closer, you are missing something.
And if you do buy a Craftsman AND it starts... Would not that be at least twice as good as two Husqvarnas that don't start.... :smile:KennyV

nabaricia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to LMF...
Just wondering why you are adding fuel & oil.... then waiting till the next day to see if it will start...?

I'd check a little closer, you are missing something.
And if you do buy a Craftsman AND it starts... Would not that be at least twice as good as two Husqvarnas that don't start.... :smile:KennyV

should i add it the same day?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like it couldn't hurt... :laughing:

Seriously... there has to be something common to both these new engines that has kept them from starting...
Is fuel getting to the carb?
Is there spark at the plug?
If no fuel, is there a fuel shut off valve that needs to be opened? There must be a minor, simple thing being overlooked.. :smile:KennyV

nabaricia

Forum Newbie
Threads
weird thing is it has no fuel shut off valve no primer and after i pull it around twenty times without it starting i smell so much gas

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it easy to get the spark plug out, and see if it is getting spark?

If so, with the kill switch set to run, (if it has a kill switch) and with the throttle set at half way... hold the plug against the head, with it's wire connected, pull the starter rope, it should spin easy, there is no plug in it...
You should get a good spark at the plug... if not, there is no ignition... :smile:KennyV

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
xt-7 engines from serial number 37xxxx something to 39xxxxx something have a carb needle valve issue and needs to be repaired by the service department.

nabaricia

Forum Newbie
Threads
I already returned it im getting a craftsman with keystart. I really wanted a husqvarna though.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I already returned it im getting a craftsman with keystart. I really wanted a husqvarna though.
Trust me, you'll be glad you didn't keep the Husqvarna(s). I had a Husqvarna and thought I loved it until the flywheel bent after hitting a very small stone.

I wouldn't say they were the worst mowers around, but you'll be better off with a Craftsman I think!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
husqvarna also makes craftsman.