2007 turf tiger pto won't engage

degutemax

Threads
Hello all I just bought a new to me turf tiger STT61V-29dfi. When i got the mower home I check everything, lube all points, sharpen blades etc. I took it out to the grass and it cut good. Then the blades disengage and would not come back on. I can put power and ground to the pto and hear the clutch engage and I checked the resistance to the pto switch and the switch check good. Question if i set to mower to where blades to engage should I have power coming out of the 2 wire connector to the pto clutch? I did ohm test the clutch and only got .3 ohms which tells me its bad but like I said early I can put power and ground to it and hear the clutch engage. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did have the clutch electrical connector disconnected from the machine electrical harness when you measured .3 ohms?
If you did have the clutch isolated, then .3 ohms indicates a shorted electrical coil in the clutch.
I recommend that you also check the resistance between each clutch terminal to ground to determine if the coil had also shorted to ground.
The reason for the test to ground is make you aware of the possibility of internal engine damage as the path of least resistance to ground thru the engine from the crankshaft is thru a main bearing. Severe bearing damage can occur if this has happened.
As a Turf Tiger has a horizontal crankshaft engine, replacing the clutch is a fairly easy job to do. Proper torque must be applied to the clutch mounting bolt.
A torque wrench is needed and a means of holding the crankshaft is necessary. Holding the crankshaft is usually done with the use of a deep socket and a breaker bar on the flywheel nut as the proper torque is applied to the clutch mounting bolt.

degutemax

Threads
thank you very much, i check the grounds all have good resistance. i replace the pro clutch and pro switch all is good.
thank you for your help.
David