Oil Changing Nightmare / Mess

Brucebotti

Threads
I have a 2013 Toro MX5060 with the 23hp Kawasaki motor. Changing the oil is always a disaster. The supplied plastic hose doe little to alleviate the problem. Is there anything like the oil changing aid shown below that will fit the Kawasaki FR691V motor? Or, does anyone know the thread of the drain on this motor. Thanks in advance!
Bruce

https://jet.com/product/detail/7aae...:10&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-CMCJEZDJnBnz0SI_in06kw

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have the same Kaw engine as my 4260 has. Oil Change is easy, Once heated up good, run the gas tank side rear wheel up on a 2" or so block to get oil tipping towards the drain plug. I then place plastic garbage bag on the deck below the drain & filter (just extra insurance). Attach the clear tubing & place a container down below, remove fill cap & cover opening with clean rag to allow air into crankcase, & drain the oil.

The oil filter has a lip / ledge under it cast into the engine. I used a small plastic round bottle (4 inch), that I cut to just fit under the lip below filter, once in place remove filter, the cup I cut catches any filter oil.

Wipe down any excess & close drain & install new oil filter, I like to pour about 1/2 the filter full of oil, however you need to be quick on install.. :laughing:
Fill engine with 2 qts of with oil.

Start & let run for a few minutes, shut down, & check oil level, & make sure no leaks. It ain't rocket science.