Toro MX5060 Oil Change Mess

Brucebotti

Threads
You have the same Kaw engine as my 4260 has. Oil Change is easy, Once heated up good, run the gas tank side rear wheel up on a 2" or so block to get oil tipping towards the drain plug. I then place plastic garbage bag on the deck below the drain & filter (just extra insurance). Attach the clear tubing & place a container down below, remove fill cap & cover opening with clean rag to allow air into crankcase, & drain the oil.

The oil filter has a lip / ledge under it cast into the engine. I used a small plastic round bottle (4 inch), that I cut to just fit under the lip below filter, once in place remove filter, the cup I cut catches any filter oil.

Wipe down any excess & close drain & install new oil filter, I like to pour about 1/2 the filter full of oil, however you need to be quick on install.. :laughing:
Fill engine with 2 qts of with oil.

Start & let run for a few minutes, shut down, & check oil level, & make sure no leaks. It ain't rocket science.

I like your plan, and I agree it ain't rocket science:laughing: My big issue is the mess it makes and the effort it takes to alleviate it. I will keep looking for some sort of an extension kit, and if I can't find one, I'll make one.
Thanks,
Bruce

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bruce lets think for just a moment. At your next oil change remove plug and take to hardware or auto parts store and let them figure out what thread and size it is. Then it will be easy to find part or make yourself.

Brucebotti

Threads
Bruce lets think for just a moment. At your next oil change remove plug and take to hardware or auto parts store and let them figure out what thread and size it is. Then it will be easy to find part or make yourself.

Thanks. That is my backup plan when I change the oil for winter storage.
Bruce