Ferris H3222K Wheel Motor

tms481

Forum Newbie
Threads
ISO Wheel Motor for Ferris 3 Wheel Mower Model Number H3222K. The tag on the current motor is White Hydraulic Products HB1424517GK.

tms481

Forum Newbie
Threads
serial number of the wheel motor is 35347798. The mower serial number is 855.

tms481

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mark,

Just an update. For those who have rebuilt or had hydro components rebuilt, let me express to you how important it is to "purge" the system of air. I had rebuilt my White Hydraulic motor for my H3222K Ferris. White Hydraulics in Hopkinsville and Central Hydraulics of Daytona Fl provided technical assistance and parts. I completed the rebuild and installation only to find that the motor was very slow in reverse and not as fast as the other motor in forward. Removed the motor and disassembled it to be sure that I did not miss something during the rebuild process. Installed it once again with the same results. At this time I was getting tired of looking at it on the jack stands in my shop and decided I would put out a message to find another motor thinking mine was non-repairable. With one more try I performed a more thorough purging of the system for extended amounts of time until I seen constant flow in the tank with no signs of foaming. Seemed fine forward but still slow in reverse. I then quit for the night. The next day I got the unit off the jack stands and on its wheels. Checked all fluid levels, started it up and backed it out of the shop. Mowed with it for about 30 minutes with no issues. Forward speed was normal with reverse working good. Even backed up some inclines that was not possible before the last purging. Thanks Mark for your help on this and maybe this information will help someone in the future. I realize that many on the web stress the importance of purging the system correctly and I thought I did but obviously not. At this time it seems fine and hope it stays that way. Thanks.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep on mine it says to open free wheel valve and run forward to neutral 10 times to count of 10 then reverse same thing. Close valve and repeat. For added measure I the run it full forward to count of 10 then full backwards to count of 10 10 times. All of this at full engine speed. Works for me.