Can't get my John Deere SE 1400 mower started

butch43

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was put up for quite while. Cleaned the carb by dismantling it and soaking in carb cleaner over night. Took a small wire and cleaned out the jets. Cleaned the entire fuel system, installed new carburetor gaskets and spark plug. It starts immediately on ether but as soon as that is gone it quits. Just does not seem be getting gas. fuel bowl in carb appears to be full and needle and seat is working properly. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Butch

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Would you please post the engine model numbers. A hacker has screwed up all members ESP and we don't know which carb or engine you are talking about.

butch43

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can not My John Deere walk behind mower running.

I have an older Kawasaki FC150 Engine on my John Deere walk behind mower. This mower has not been used much and is in great shape. It was laid up for a while (I drained the carburetor when I knew I wasn't going to use it for a while. Can't get it to run. Changed the oil and Air filter, took the carburetor off , took it apart and soaked it overnight in carburetor cleaner. I cleaned the jets out with a thin piece of wire. Put new gaskets on the carburetor and put in a new spark plug. It will start up right now on ether but won't keep running when it is gone. Any info you may provide will be very much appreciated.

Butch

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread on over to our John Deere section. :smile: