Help!...I think my lawn has a some sort of disease!

bikz

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Help!...I think my lawn has a some sort of disease!
Hi Guys,

I think my lawn has a some sort of disease!...is that even possible?

Not sure what has been going on with my lawn, but this has never happened before and I am hoping someone on here can help!

My front lawn is dead and filling with weeds...its like someone sprayed chemicals on it or something (it is spreading too, but the rest of my lawn is a pretty healthy green!). My neighbor has a healthy green lawn (without watering and does not have trees either). We have been getting plenty of rain lately too! I have not seen this in all the years I have lived here and it just started in the past month or so. I pay Naturescape lawn service to fertilize and kill weeds (I just emailed them, but I'm certain they will be more defensive than helpful).

Thanks in advance!

Bikz

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 29
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 27
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 21

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That looks like a few yards in my neighbor hood. All sprayed by a single company and they said it was nothing they did.

Jgreg0912

Forum Newbie
Threads
That looks just like mine did in August. I live in Middle Tennessee and we also had a wet summer. I have a lawn care service that I use. I caled them about weeds in my lawn. They sent a tech out and he said I had crab grass and nutsedge. He then sprayed the entire lawn with a broad leaf killer. After about two weeks 90% of my lawn was dead. On September 1st they came back and aerated and overseeded. They came and overseeded two more times. I put sprinklers out and run them every morning for 20 minutes. My lawn now is 90% fescue with only a few bare spots. They tell me the rest will fill in next spring. I mowed it for the first time after overseeing last Wednesday and it will need it again tomorrow (Monday)

Jgreg0912

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the before and after... The dead grass pic was made on September 1st and the other was made today, October 2nd.IMG_0691.jpgIMG_0693.jpg

bikz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input so far!

jgreg that is an amazing transformation right there!...hopefully by tomorrow Naturescape will get back to me. I'll let you know what they say.

Last edited:

bikz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Naturescape is coming out tomorrow to take a peak.

bikz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, it appears that I have soil web-worm. I was told to reseed and they would spray again...hopefully it will not spread.

Any thoughts on how to rejuvenate a lawn with soil web-worm?

Thanks guys!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dethatch lawn Kill the worms and plant new grass.

Jgreg0912

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dethatch lawn Kill the worms and plant new grass.

I agree with BlazNT. Be sure to water at least one inch per week, morning is better than afternoon.