Hustler xone throttle control won't hold steady

Xone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone, I bought a hustler xone new about 5 years ago, it's has the kawasaki fx850v for an engine. I recently had to replace the throttle control assembly due to a branch breaking the original. Since replaced, it won't maintain a full throttle as the vibration of the motor makes the cable slowly return to about half throttle, and then it stays put. I've routed it exactly as the original was and can't figure out why this is happening or what I can do to fix it. Any advice is extremely appreciated. 1475279547060-370724023.jpg Thank in advance!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Either you bought and aftermarket one or it is defective. They work by friction. 2 outside pieces of metal sandwich the lever so it will stay in place. If it was not tight enough then it will slip back. Some times a simple squeeze of the 2 outside pieces will work to fix it. Some times you drill out the pop rivets and replace with nut and bolt. Or you call up who you purchased it from and make them give you one that works.

Xone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Either you bought and aftermarket one or it is defective. They work by friction. 2 outside pieces of metal sandwich the lever so it will stay in place. If it was not tight enough then it will slip back. Some times a simple squeeze of the 2 outside pieces will work to fix it. Some times you drill out the pop rivets and replace with nut and bolt. Or you call up who you purchased it from and make them give you one that works.
I've tried squeezing it but I like the idea of a bolt and lock nut, I'll give it a shot, Thanks!

Xone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: replaced the rivet with a lock nut and bolt, works like a champ! Thanks for the advice

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad I could help.