Does anybody remember?

Threads
I like the design of and positive posts for Snapper Hi-Vac or Ninja walk behinds, but have my heart set on the next mower having a blade brake control. I don't recall ever seeing a Snapper with this feature. Were any ever built, and if so, any idea what model #'s they were? Thanks in advance!:smile: Pete

Mow Joe

Threads
We sold a few of them back in the 80s. I don't remember the model #s. They were more expensive and a bit heavier than the non-BBC models. There was a flywheel/counterweight thing in the BBC if I remember correctly. I doubt that anyone sold many of them so it may be tough to find one.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Model numbers that I know of were 21402, 21402P, 21404 and 21404P. I have a 21402P with Tecumseh TVS-105 engine. True they are a bit hard to find these days. But they came on models with Briggs, Tecumseh and Wisconsin robin engines, 4hp models only I believe.

Threads
Mow Joe & Snapperfreak! Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated. At least I know they did make them at one point, and now I know what to look for---and a long look it may be. Mow Joe, I bet the "counter weight" your remembering is just a heavier flywheel on the engine since the engine doesn't have the benefit of the solidly attached blade for momentum when starting. HMMMMM--I wonder if they also had a different bottom crank end like the Toro BBC engines.:thumbsup:

Mow Joe

Threads
Mow Joe, I bet the "counter weight" your remembering is just a heavier flywheel on the engine since the engine doesn't have the benefit of the solidly attached blade for momentum when starting.

I don't think that was the case, but I'm going back 30+ years. I seem to remember a heavy metal piece in the clutch, not a cast iron "tiller" flywheel. I could be wrong...but it would be the first time :wink: