Mower deck Anti-Scalp Wheel Adjustment

Scott S

Threads
I have a 2016 Toro Titan ZX4800. The owner's manual recommends that the anti-scalp wheels should be adjusted as close to the deck height setting as possible. And, there are four available slots. That's easy enough to understand if the deck height is set at whole numbers (e.g. 1", 2", 3" or 4"). However, if I am setting the deck, for example, at 2.5" should I place the anti-scalp wheels at the higher 3 or lower 2 slot? In other words, is there a rule of thumb to setting the anti-scalp wheels for deck heights that are fractions ( i.e. place the anti-scalp wheels higher or lower than the fractional deck height)?

Thank you.

Scott

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Always better to go low then high. Lower will stop scalping and higher will help scalping.

FYI "rule of thumb" comes from long ago time when it was ok to beat your wife. You could only beat her with a stick no larger than your thumb.

Scott S

Threads
Always better to go low then high. Lower will stop scalping and higher will help scalping.

FYI "rule of thumb" comes from long ago time when it was ok to beat your wife. You could only beat her with a stick no larger than your thumb.

Thank you.