HRX217 mythical Blow out kit?

Robshonda

Threads
I have had this mower for a couple years now. Always runs great and have no problems. I run it on ethanol free gas and run it dry in the winter time for storage. I do wish it would pickup or mulch leaves better, it wants to blow them out the sides. I have tall thick fescue. I wish it also had a higher lift blade like a Gator blade. I have heard there is a mythical blow out kit to help this but so far I can't find a picture of one...Anybody have one? I saw an interesting blade on the Honda UK site that had large paddles with holes in them maybe for better mulching and lift maybe? Thanks
Rob

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had this mower for a couple years now. Always runs great and have no problems. I run it on ethanol free gas and run it dry in the winter time for storage. I do wish it would pickup or mulch leaves better, it wants to blow them out the sides. I have tall thick fescue. I wish it also had a higher lift blade like a Gator blade. I have heard there is a mythical blow out kit to help this but so far I can't find a picture of one...Anybody have one? I saw an interesting blade on the Honda UK site that had large paddles with holes in them maybe for better mulching and lift maybe? Thanks
Rob

Honda did make some 'blow out kits' many years ago, but they were for older mower models, and not the HRX (wouldn't fit / wrong shape anyway.)

The blades used in Europe are shaped they way they are for noise reduction; there are regulations in Europe that strictly control the noise of power equipment, and an 'elephant ear / perforated blade' make a LOT less noise. The engines are tuned to run slower also to make less noise.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeah, mower noise is a funny thing.
Victa did a complete engine cover to reduce the "noise" on the Mustang model to make it acceptiable in the UK.
When they tried to make it quieter it was found that the blades actually made more noise than the engine did.
It took 5 years to come up with the Vortex Mk I and on that model they dropped the engine speed to 3100 rpm.
People complained it was too quiet so they upped the engine speed 300 rpm to 3400 which made it about as noisy as an old sprint engine with a good muffler.

Robshonda

Threads
thanks Robert! I did not know that about noisy mowers over there!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think in the US they want mowers as loud as possible. :smile: