New Dixie Chopper Excaliber

BenR

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am fairly new on the forum but thought I would post of my new DC Excalibur. I got it with the 66" deck and the Kawasaki 35 hp carb engine. Not huge amount of time on it yet but as with all brands of everything you will see good posts and bad posts. So far it has run flawlessly. I did not get the electric deck height adjust as I could see no reason and its kind of like options on a car, just one more thing to go wrong. I really like the fans that are on the hubs/pulley's no grass is every around the pulley area.
the OCDC chute that can be lowered to not plow grass into plantings etc works well and it has several coolers to keep this beast happy. My yard is not a golf course yard for sure and has some rough areas and also slopes. It has handled these well. The discharge is much better from the deck than that of either my JD 318 or JD 445. Both good machines even though the 318 is getting up in age. It has been pretty wet around the Kansas City area since I got the DC and on turns it does seem to scrub some areas of grass but that being said so do the tractors. It has cut my mowing time in about half from using the JD 445. The dealer suggested that I use gas with no alcohol and said he would say the same with any lawn equipment to cut down on problems in the future. First impressions are that it is well built and does a good job. The seat is the suspension seat is easy on my back along with the suspension that they have on the front wheels. I am mowing about 3.5 acres and I understand that this beast should not even be breathing heavy with this size yard. The hydro pump and motors are large so it should last well.
Ben