Kawasaki FR 691 Service Manual PDF....

577jersey

Threads
Hey guys,
I’m looking for a PDF version of the FR 691 engine,,I couldn’t find anything online doing a quick search unless they wanted $$.
Just wondering if anybody has a copy they would be willing to share?
I have a few questions about the engine,,especially the carb,,looks like you need a special 10mm wrench or tool to remove the float bowl,,the carb solenoid is there under a clip like cover....and if i ever need to take it apart I wanted to be ready :)

Thanks in advance!!

Tom

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
kawakasi are generally metric full stop.
Well all the ones I touch seem to be metric in any case so a metric tool kit should be on your list.
I do hope your wrenching is better than your keyboarding :laughing:
http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/
Book mark the page you will be going to it a fair bit.
Parts lists are on the Kawakasi factory web page.

577jersey

Threads
Thanks a ton Bert!!!

I was ready to pull the trigger and just pay for one.

Looks like a wealth of info on that site,I have it saved on my desk top.

Thanks again!

Tom

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think it was Mark that first alerted me to that site.:thumbsup:
Blew my download limit for the next few months then spent forever changing the file names to something that made sense.
However it was a god send and I owe his a few beers should we ever meet.:drink:
Trade bit has a lot of good stuff as well but a lot of it is the same files ( complete with the advrt for K & T )
I also buy a bit of stuff from them as a thank you.
They took a lot of time to scan and upload all those files.

kraky

Threads
Bert... you sure seem to know your stuff. The fr691 gets bashed alot here.......what do you really think of the engine.......good, bad...in between?

577jersey

Threads
Well I will let you know what i think of mine,,has 110 hours,ran in 100 plus degree weather all Summer and never skipped a beat,plenty of power,never bogs down in high wet grass or up steep banks,starts right up don’t even need choke when its cold,burns very little oil,maybe a few oz between 50 hour changes,,what more can I say,only time will tell.

Would like to hear Berts opinion also,,i always have loved kawi,,especially the older FC engines,,just cant kill em easy.

Tom

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why me ?
I fix them so I only run an engine for 1/2 hour or so to do a diagnosis then another 1/2 hour or so when finished to check the job is done properly.
As a service man I have different criteria on judging engines which is why I like the bucket layout of the newer Kohlers.

We did not get many Kawakasi powered mowers down here till quite recently and most were drop in replacements for Hondas.
As such they did not fit properly and were a PIA to service.
4 bolts all accessed from top and the Kohler blower housing comes off.
4 bolts , all accessed from the side plus the fuel pump and some times a finger guard and the Briggs blower housing comes off
6 bolts some only with a 1/6th turn space plus another 4 screws plus the fuel filter and oft the external air filter with another 6 to 8 inaccessable screws + a finger guard over the leaf guard + the leaf guard and the Kawakasi blower housing comes off.
so for me it is a no brainer.

Then we come to oil filter replacement.
The most difficult and dirty ones I have seen here are on the Kawakasi powered mowers.
Again I put this down the mower being designed to take a Honda as the top engine option then having a Kawakasi substituted where it clearly was never meant to fit .

I have so far sent 3 Toros back for a warranty head replacement because the single bolt retaining the rocker housing has come loose and broken the locating pip cast into the head off.
Now this is most likely due to bad inital servicing by the dealer who obviously never took the rocker covers off & adjusted the valve lash but a thoroughly bad design just the same.

OTOH I have 2 T series Kabota's fitted with Kawakasi singles and they are quite old & running quite well

577jersey

Threads
Well Bert,,Im glad to hear you like the new Kohler,Im guessing your talking about the 7K series,,looks like my next mower be it a Hustler or whatever may have one on it.
Unless I do decide to go with the Bobcat CRZ,,they are still putting kawis on them.

One thing i wont miss is the PITA valve adjustment at 300 hours or when they start to sound like a sewing machine :)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The bucket design was only on the singles and seems to have been discontinued
The twins have a conventional sump.
Blower housings is current.
I won't get a spannar on a new series 7000 till they get here and are out of warranty.
While I now have Kohler certification I don't have certifcation from any mower company and down here warranty is funny.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That link is where I saved the Kawasaki Repair Manual for my engine, But the Valve Lash specs are WRONG. They list : Valve Clearance (when cold)
Inlet, Exhaust 0.05 ∼ ∼ 0.10 mm (0.0020 ∼ ∼ 0.0039 in.)

Correct Valve Lash specs are Inlet, Exhaust= Cold: .004~ ~ .006

Not sure if there are any other inconsistencies.