Exmark 30" going thru belt synchronus quickly

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an Exmark 30" mower that has been thru two belts that synchronise the blades. I replaced one in June and another one broke in September. This isn't very long for a 90$ belt. I've realised that it snaps the day after I've adjusted it to specs. Is this because I don't adjust it enough and that causes a "shock for the belt"? Or, should I not really adjust this belt? Any input would be nice. It gets nasty when this belt snaps.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
belts can break fir a large number of reasons and via a few modes.
Some photos of the belt would be very helpful.
Are the shear pins in good condition or has some one replaced them with grade 9 bolts which is what I generally find.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a picture fo the belt. But, this is the best description I can give: belt is ribbed (has teeth). At two spots a few teeth have disappeared and the belt ripped (it looks like hulk pulled it until it snapped in half).

Now, I think I have found the problem part causing this. There is this pulley that does not turn well at all. I have to spin it by hand. I guess that must be the issue.

I have no shear pins. This belt goes around two blade spindles and along two pulleys/

SlowShadow

Forum Newbie
Threads
eXMark has an upgraded cast pulley and replaceable bearing set for this unit. The original was giving a lot of problems. Ask your dealer about it. It is likely eXmark may cover it under warranty. They are very good about backing up their products. I've seen them cover parts that were known to be problematic even well after the machine has gone past the warranty period.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks! I'll contact my dealer about this. Got a link for this!?