simplicity conquest lawn tractor

eli

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings everyone, just joined the other day after I found the web site and wanted to see if anyone out there has had the same issues with a briggs 18 hp vanguard engine. Mine is three years old with appx 150 hours on it. The motor seems to under powered when going up hill or pulling something, like it wants to stall or die. It starts fine and runs perfectly under normal mowing conditions, but under a load she is quite sluggish. I have a 16 hp vanguard in a broadmoor which is 14 years old and it seems to have more power than this 18 hp. Any thoughts?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
check tractor drive belt for replacement as well as idlers, adjust valves on engine to specs. in your engine manual

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
Numbers are real important and this is a perfect example of why.
When a V twin seems to run fine except under heavy load it is very often running on 1 cylinder.
If a single runs fine at low loads and looses power under heavy load it is usually a govenor issue.
So unless you want to be run round like a headless chook we will need more information about your mower.

In an ideal world there would be 10,000 people on this forum with your exact same mower.
In real life the only people here with you exact same mower will be here for the same reason as you.
Their mower has problems & they are unsure how to fix it.

There are some on this forum who are good a looking up details and will work out what you have but most of the techs treat a poster the same as they would a mower that arrived in their shop for repair.
They look at the symptoms and from those make a diagnosis .
If they have to go on a search to try & work out what they are looking at it becomes too time consuming so they pass over your problem and help someone else with an easier problem or better details.