What is a "Semi-Pneumatic," wheel?

Psychlopath

Threads
Snapper 3314S RER:

I found that in addition to a rust hole in a front wheel, I also have a questionable tire and an unrecoverable tube. I was looking to see what the most economical solution would be; I found part number 7052267YP (replaces 7057240) on Partstree.com. It says it's "Semi-Pneumatic."

Before I go and order this thing, I'd like to know exactly what that means. What I found online seems to indicate some sort of foam inside of the tire, which seems like a terrible idea for a mower.

Can anyone clarify or make an alternate suggestion?

I prefer a tube in the tire, if that makes any difference.

Mow Joe

Threads
It's a fancy way to say "Hard Tire", like a push mower uses. We sold Snapper back in the 70s and 80s. Usually, only the 25 and 26" mowers had them. They were worthless, hard as a rock, and didn't last well. Don't waste your money.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a solid tyre that is not solid.
Imagine a thick walled tube of rubber glued together then wrapped around your rim.
A bugger to get on and once cut fall apart.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
your local Tractor Supply store may have your tire/wheel assy., take yours with you to match up.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper 3314S RER:

I found that in addition to a rust hole in a front wheel, I also have a questionable tire and an unrecoverable tube. I was looking to see what the most economical solution would be; I found part number 7052267YP (replaces 7057240) on Partstree.com. It says it's "Semi-Pneumatic."

Before I go and order this thing, I'd like to know exactly what that means. What I found online seems to indicate some sort of foam inside of the tire, which seems like a terrible idea for a mower.

Can anyone clarify or make an alternate suggestion?

I prefer a tube in the tire, if that makes any difference.

Semi-Pneumatic tires refer to a class of tires made of molded denser rubber and rubber products with a hollow core, they use them a lot for the front wheels on ZTR mowers to prevent flats and supposedly improve the ride characteristics of the mower. I personally like something I can air up and adjust pressure.

Last edited:

Psychlopath

Threads
Thanks guys, I avoided that type and got a tubeless stock type.