Spindle Bearing Part Number For spindle assembly 601804: Flood repairs

RhettWS

Threads
  • / Spindle Bearing Part Number For spindle assembly 601804: Flood repairs
Got my mower running yesterday after the flood. Thanks for the help with suggestions on what to do to get it going. Runs well but I need to change the bearings in the spindles and I need some advice on the part number. Soaking in the water for a day or so is not ideal for bearings :rolleyes:

The parts manual list spindle assembly 601804. Unfortunately, there is no diagram for the assembly such that you could replace the shaft, bearings, etc..

Does anyone have a bearing part number so I can try to change all of them out? I'd prefer to do that than replace all the spindles.

Thanks ........... Rhett

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
disassemble spindles & google bearing part number, appears they want you to purchase complete spindle assy.

engine parts manual needed?, post make & model number as well as all numbers from engine

Last edited:

RhettWS

Threads
I might have to do that. I agree they want to sell the whole thing. There is a large bearing shop nearby where I might be able to pick some up if I bring them in.

Thanks

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get your machines model number, go to hustlerturf.com, find the manuals for your specific machine, you will also find a service manual.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can buy bearings/seals either by the number which will be on the old bearing/seal or by size. I buy most of all my bearings and seals off of E bay. If you don't want to use E bay most auto parts stores like NAPA sell bearings. If you bring your old bearing to NAPA they should be able to help you also.

RhettWS

Threads
Get your machines model number, go to hustlerturf.com, find the manuals for your specific machine, you will also find a service manual.

Been there, done that. Since the spindles have sealed bearings there is no explanation of service to the spindles. Furthermore, the parts manual listed a number for a spindle assembly, not individual parts. :thumbdown:

As others have indicated they appear to want to sell the whole assembly. I'll just have to pull them, disassemble, and try to match the bearings.

On a side note, I have looked for a parts manual for the engine. I have the service manual which is not bad, but I can't find a parts manual. I resorted to pulling down diagrams from Jack's Small engines to find what I need. I've searched a good bit and can't seem to find a parts manual. Probably need to enter something cryptic to find it on the internet.

turboawd

Threads
Been there, done that. Since the spindles have sealed bearings there is no explanation of service to the spindles. Furthermore, the parts manual listed a number for a spindle assembly, not individual parts. :thumbdown:

As others have indicated they appear to want to sell the whole assembly. I'll just have to pull them, disassemble, and try to match the bearings.

On a side note, I have looked for a parts manual for the engine. I have the service manual which is not bad, but I can't find a parts manual. I resorted to pulling down diagrams from Jack's Small engines to find what I need. I've searched a good bit and can't seem to find a parts manual. Probably need to enter something cryptic to find it on the internet.

have you taken the spindle apart? usually there is a number of some sort engraved or stamped on the bearings. they should be common bearings.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Since it has been under water dissasembling the spindle would be a good idea as good chance there is water in there.
My aftermarket parts book lists 6305 2RS for all Fast tracks, Super Tracs & mini Z
A common spindle bearing that I buy in boxes of 100.
Fits most commercial / heavy duty
JD's
Toro
Scag
Gravely
Great Dane
Encore
Ferris
Scag
Snapper
That take a sealed deep groove ball bearing and not a tappered roller.
Please make sure you get them from a real bearing supplier and not off the web.
There are a lot of underhanded American ( & AUST ) wholesalers who buy fake ones from China then sell them to web based retailers.
IF they are cheap. they are fake

RhettWS

Threads
Thanks for the advice. Since I didn't want to be without a mower I am running it as is (once) just to keep the grass down. In the interest of expediency I ordered 3 spindle assemblies. Might have to use it one more time before the new spindles come in. Certainly more expensive than bearings but not crazy expensive. Once they arrive I will swap them out. Then I can pull the soaked ones out, get bearings, etc and I will have back-ups.

We have at least 2 large bearing shops in the areas due to the heavy industry in the area. I can go there to get the proper parts.

My neighbors, who's mowers did not flood, cut my grass while I was getting my unit back going. Bless them. However, they scalped the crap out of the grass and rutted the yard. My mower is lighter than theirs. The scalping has lead to a massive growth of Virginia Button Weed (Diodia virginiana). In the grand scheme of things I had very little of this because I cut my grass high to shade out these low growing weeds. Now they went ape sh*t. I'll get a handle on it but it will take some time.

RhettWS

Threads
New spindles came in quicker than I thought. I swapped them out and all is good. I wanted to follow up with the bearing numbers. The spindle bearing number is 6205RST.

I also noted one of the idler pulleys was grinding ever so slightly. The bearing part number for it is 6203-2RS (NHI-4). Not sure what the NHI-4 means but it might be important.

So my mower is back fully operational. I will order bearings to take care of the idler pulley but not a big rush. I will also order bearings for the spindles.

So far I rescued my mower, Echo PB620 blower, and Echo PAS-230 weedeater. The last two items to fix are my chain saw and my pressure washer.

Thanks again for everyone's help.:thumbsup: ........... Rhett