John Deere LA150 not gas

odd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did the tune up kit, replaced the filter, kinda wanna get it ready to sale and dont want to sale a non-running mower. Gas is getting to filter, but even after 2 years of minimal use it's still stopping.

I am getting gas all the way to the filter but not beyond and have replaced the filter twice.

Attached pics before:

Kt4Ypcm.jpg

Do add to this is does start for max for 5-10 seconds and slowly putters out....
again its been sitting for two years... so be nice:tongue:

any help would be appreciated I am trying to do this for my pops who doesnt have much time left.

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
drain gas tank & put fresh gas in along with fuel stabilizer per instructions on bottle,

ThomasFalater

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like low pressure to me. Check the fuel line pressure, replace the pump if necessary.

If you've replaced the filter (properly?) and blown out the hoses, it's low pressure. And low pressure can be caused by a faulty pump or clog somewhere in the system. check to see if there is a screen in the fuel tank, sometimes that can get clogged or gummy. Also check if your fuel is alright. Did it get gummed up and contaminated?

Thomas Falater

odd

Forum Newbie
Threads
drain gas tank & put fresh gas in along with fuel stabilizer per instructions on bottle,

I have done this, (drained the tank and ran some Mechanic in a Bottle thru it with some improvement it will start for about 15-30 seonds then die.

Sounds like low it to me. Check the fuel line pressure, replace the pump if necessary.

If you've replaced the filter (properly?) and blown out the hoses, it's low pressure. And low pressure can be caused by a faulty pump or clog somewhere in the system. check to see if there is a screen in the fuel tank, sometimes that can get clogged or gummy. Also check if your fuel is alright. Did it get gummed up and contaminated?

Thomas Falater
I have replaced the filter properly, to no aval. I will try blowing out the houses soon as I get the pump. Will also check on the filter in the fuel tank. Thanks for info... This will mean a lot ot my dad.

Remove fuel line from carb and blow with compressed air back towards tank. O just get new fuel line from auto parts store and replace. Clean carb.
Down and dirty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBL-BUj0c6E
More technical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAk_WDt3AD8

Also remove engine cover and clean under it. While you are at it clean the engine bay with air not water.
Will do just ordered

Will update when Everything comes in... once again thank you all!!! :thumbsup:
heart.png

Also there's 5 or 6 fuel pumps, which one do I need part # LG808656

Here is the engine spec #
Family: 6BSXS.7242VF 276480

Last edited: