Spam

gainestruk

Threads
Moderators, Looks like we are being invaded with spam :thumbdown:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sure wish one of our members or the LMF staff could get this %$#FFF#@!^FFF's IP address and get some legal action against
them... I know it's best to NOT acknowledge and pay them any attention... hopefully they will succumb to a strange unknown disease and die a VERY slow and agonizing death!! ..:mad: ..:smiley_aafz:

MowerMike

Threads
Lately there has been a lot of spam on the Electric & Battery Powered Equipment forum. I always send a "spam" report and do not reply, but it always takes a while for it to be removed. I used to moderate another forum where we could ban IP addresses, but that only works if the spammers don't change them. One suggestion is to reject posts with links as their titles, since these are obviously spam, and this would eliminate most spam.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about incorporating one of those "I am not a robot" check boxes for new members first 100(?) posts?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How about incorporating one of those "I am not a robot" check boxes for new members first 100(?) posts?

We use Captch on our web sites for joining, but that only stops web bots .
The spammers that are attacking this site are real live paid employees of large scale spamming companies.
Some of the spam is (trouser) snake oil but a lot of it appears to be click bait aimed at improving the status of web sites.
You know all those people who promise to make your page come up No1 in a google search.
Well this is one way they do it.
Report it , don't click on any of the links and wait for the moderators to remove it.
And by the way 8 of the 10 top spammers are residents of the good old USA who also hold 36 of the top 50 places and 42 of the top 100.
Nothing like good old Yankee ingunity :laughing: and free enterprise.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
there are ways to slow it down..........I just report an d wait for the staff to handle it

MowerMike

Threads
Just reported two new ones. Seem to be coming from Asia based on the broken English, time of posting and subject matter. No doubt tomorrow there will be two more. Sigh.

MowerMike

Threads
...and another. They just keep on coming. Sad when the spam postings exceed the regular legitimate postings.

I'd suggest a two week waiting period before new members can post on the forum.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
We have been trying different methods, varying degrees of success/failure.