Spam

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am gettin SPAM in my PM folder !! haven't opened it but don't know how to delete it , any ideas ??

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can report it as spam just like a regular post.

MowerMike

Threads
Just reported another spam posting on this subforum that has been up for over nine hours. It's another one with a link as the title. Surely there's got to be a way to block this.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just reported another spam posting on this subforum that has been up for over nine hours. It's another one with a link as the title. Surely there's got to be a way to block this.

I really think the only way out QUICKLY , is a small membership fee , that could possibly be donated to a worthy charity.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I really think the only way out QUICKLY , is a small membership fee , that could possibly be donated to a worthy charity.
You might get rid of the spammers but you'll get rid of a whole lot of legitimate members, too.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but I'll be first to go. Why should I pay to be a volunteer and give out information. I know no one will miss me, but I can't even get email alerts now to answer threads I reply to. Maybe I should get paid, just kidding, 99% of the time I enjoy being her, 1% I can live with.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry, but I'll be first to go. Why should I pay to be a volunteer and give out information. I know no one will miss me, but I can't even get email alerts now to answer threads I reply to. Maybe I should get paid, just kidding, 99% of the time I enjoy being her, 1% I can live with.

NOT SORRY to disagree with you . I see this site as helping other folks who may for one reason or another don't utilize a mower shop with their issues. I thoroughly ENJOY this site and have a really good time here, I also consider it as entertainment combined with information. I was thinking along the lines of MAYBE $2.00 a year... I don't think the spammers are willing to put up even that paltry amount . I spend at least $15.00 to see movie with the wife, sometimes $5.00 or more on a magazine, and countless other items, that "nickle & dime" me all year long, as I said, the fee's could possibly be routed to a worthy charity ( Veterans organizations come to MY mind ) Rivets if you honestly think that $2.00 a year isn't worth it I'll be the FIRST to say ADIOS !! BY the way... I'm retired and live on my Social Security Benefit , which is LESS than a $1000.00 a month and I'm NOT on ANY type of WELFARE !! I live within my budget, but yet the wife and I live a very happy life I'm not gonna lose sleep over $2.00 or $5.00 a year for the privilege of attendance on this site. AND if you really can't afford to help those who need it ...THEN DON'T .

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
A fee would weed out a lot of new members as well. How many people are going to ante up just to ASK a question that might or might not get answered?

Answer: A lot fewer than if it's free.

There are other ways to deal with spam. Other forums I use don't have this problem.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
WOW I didn't expect to be called cheap. I can easily afford to pay more that $5.00 if I wanted to as I'm still working and have saved enough to live comfortably. I've been on SS for many years and know how much they pay. That's not what I said. I just said that I don't feel charging me to give out free info is worth it to me. People come here looking for assistance and I willing give it at no charge. I've even seen you follow my posts and will bet you have learned a few things from them. None of us like spam and the admin. is working on resolving the problem. You suggested one solution and I disagreed. Because we don't agree you decided to resort to lambast my decision, even though you have no idea of my background or why I've been a member for so many years. I feel I've paid my dues in this industry, so now I can decide how I will dispense the knowledge I've gained. Don't see why my decision should result in the type of response you posted, but I'm a big boy and will get over it.