Kubota G2160 after running for 1 hour, shutoff then it will not restart

marcus40

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kubota G2160 after running for 1 hour, shutoff then it will not restart
Cranks fine when cold, but after mowing for about 1 hour, if you shut it down, when you try to restart it will not turn over, as soon as I put jumper cables on it, it will crank right away. Also, sometimes trouble with engaging PTO for mower, I replaced the switch on the PTO lever, but still have this problem.
Thanks for help,
Marcus Cook

PS: I should have indicated that the engine is a 3 cylinder diesel water cooled. I have ordered the workshop manual from Messicks, to see if it is something in the electric circuit.

marcus40

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your response, that is for a Kubota G2160 diesel lawnmower? The PTO belts are in front of the engine, not sure which gap you are referring to?

dcmac214

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need same answer for ZD331 (same 3 cylinder diesel?). Ambient temperature irrelevant. Run/mow for hour or more, shut off to take break, start up and run/mow 5-15 minutes then machine stops running and will not restart until completely cooled off. When it stops running it's a bit like running out of fuel or bogging down from too-quickly mowing too-thick too-wet grass. Been in all the area Kubota shops, at least once a year every year from purchase. Spent +$1000 on sensors, filters, Lord knows what else. Mechanics all say same thing, runs perfectly, got to bring it in when the problem happens. I did, same answer...
Frustrating.